⋆Twenty-Six⋆

"𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤."

...

Finn's body stiffens, as he recognises the tall figure standing infront of the cafeteria which he and Millie are soon to enter.

Shit. Mr.Hopper.

Finn got caught up in the bliss of the moment, rambling hand in hand with Millie. At the thought of the girl, he looks to see her somewhat saddened. She's embarrassed, feeling as if she had done something wrong.

"I-Im sorry if I went too far" She mumbles quietly, causing him to remember the fact that they had almost just kissed. Again.

Finn shakes himself out of his thoughts, not wanting Millie to doubt herself for a second. "Millie no of course not!"

He hasn't gotten the chance to tell her about everything that happened before their fighting on that dreadful night. He wants to tell her everything, right now.

He looks to the side, seeing a few Cabins lined near another. He glances over to his principle, who is talking theatrically with Mrs.Byers.

In a flash, Millie feels her arm be pulled as Finn quickly runs to a nearby cabin. She furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Finn what the hell!"

He is breathless from the tense and stressful situation that had just occurred. "M- mr.Hopper, he can't see us..."

"Oh.. y-yeah youre right" Millie catches on.

Millie holds her breath as thoughts fill her mind. Honestly, why should I have to hide my feelings for someone?

"But seriously what is the worst thing he can do to us?" She chuckles lightly.

Though Finn doesnt reciprocate, staring at the ground.

Millie can tell that there is something going on. Something more to Hopper seeing them, and she needs to know what that is.

"Finn, what's going on?"

-

Millie's mouth is agape as she continues to listen to Finn explain the events of that fateful night. He had just told her about what Mr.Hopper had implied, leading to him demoting Finn from the captain of the soccer team, which lead to Finn losing himself within a few bottles of beer.

"That is why I was so... mad" Finn speaks quietly, running the painful memories through his mind. The way Millie stood infront of him with tears streaming down her face. Not having done anything wrong, yet getting all the blame.

"Oh my god, Finn Im so sorry for making Mr.Hopper assume that. I should have never-"

"No no," Finn says, shaking the saddening images out of his head. "There is nothing for you to apologize for."

Millie understands now. All of it. The insults and the beer bottles; she comprehends why. His most significant achievement, which was becoming the captain, had been ripped away from him, because of her.

"No, this is my fault."

He turns to Millie, placing his finger under her chin to urge her to look at him. "Hey, I promise"