~NEVER TO BE FINISHED~

Based on the song "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit. I finally got around to writing something, so enjoy!

We're a thousand miles from comfort

We have travelled land and sea.

Xephos and Honeydew had recently made a bargain with Sjin and he had given them the coordinates for their old jaffa cake factory in exchange for a rocket to go to the moon. Lalna had been there, too, but he was off messing about with various bits of machinery he had made. Neither Xephos nor Honeydew really cared for all that science-y stuff, so they decided to venture out and find their beloved Honeydew Inc. instead. Lalna was perfectly happy staying at Baked Bean Fort, so it was just the two of them. However, unbeknownst to Xephos, Honeydew secretly had feelings toward his spaceman friend. He kept them a secret because he knew that Xephos was almost certain to reject him, for he already had Lomadia. 

But as long as you are with me,

There's no place I'd rather be.

Honeydew loved to be around Xephos more than anything. He just wished his friend felt the same.

I would wait forever

Exulted in the scene.

He would do anything, anything at all, to get Xephos to notice him. Maybe, just maybe, he should tell Xephos how he felt....

As long as I am with you

My heart continues to beat.

After getting lost in his own thoughts, Honeydew felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. He looked down to find an arrow lodged deep into his skin. Blood dribbled down from the wound and onto the ground.

"Xephos, help!" he cried worriedly. The spaceman rushed to his side and pulled out the arrow, flinging it on the ground. 

"You're ok, Honeydew. I'll go take out that skeleton right quick and we'll see about patching that up." Xephos took out his sword and killed the skeleton who had shot his dwarven companion in one swift blow to the head. It collapsed into a pile of bones. Then he walked back over to Honeydew and embraced him.

"You'll be fine," Xephos nnounced after carefully bandaging his shoulder. 

With every step you take,

Kyoto to the bay

Strolling so casually.

We're different and the same

Gave you another name

Switch up the batteries!

Honeydew and Xephos grew tired of walking, so they settled down for the night. 

"G'night, Xeph. I love you," Honeydew whispered.

"What was that?" Xephos asked.

"Nothing!" Honeydew responded hastily.

"Whatever you say," Xephos sighed.

If you gave me a chance, I would take it.

It's a shot in the dark, but I'll make it.

Maybe this was Xephos's chance to confess his love for Honeydew. The dwarf had surely said, "I love you," whether or not he wanted to admit to it. Did his friend also have feelings for him? Maybe he just said something wrong, or maybe he didn't really mean it. But he had to take the chance...

Know with all of your heart you can't shame me.

When I am with you there's no place I'd rather be. 

 I wrote all of that weeks ago, but I eventually lost all inspiration and hope for the story. Many of you will never see this message, but I just wanted to post this so you guys could see it. I know, it's abysmal, but what can ya say? Thanks for your time guys...