Welcome Back

The sunrays warm my closed eyelids, causing me to squint towards the opened drapes. I rise to a caress on my nude bottom. He stretches saying, "Good morning, sexy."

I remove his hand, smiling as I go to the window. I pull the drapes closed, yawning, "Sampson, it's late. You better be going."

He lifts his watch off the nightstand saying, "6:47 a.m. is late? Since when?"

"Since now! I'm on business, so you shouldn't even be here. Now go!"

He snatches me to him. Kissing, I pull away saying, "Let me prepare for this meeting baby. Now go!"

I met Sampson at last year's company's banquet. A colleague brought him as her date. Playing ill, he ditched her, then came with me. Sampson's tall, gorgeous, and simpleminded as my men are.

My company's quarterly meeting is here in New York for the week. I'm putting on make-up when I notice a blemish on my neck. A blemish? I flip the mirror over to examine it. Strange. It looks to be a tiny mole. I rummage through my make-up bag to find concealer and add a dab over it.

The meeting started at 9 a.m. it's now lunch break. I go to stand, and my knee buckles. Stumbling, the man next to me grabs my arm chuckling, "Are you okay?"

Humiliated, I answer, "Yes. I'm fine."

Smiling yet snatching my arm away, I hurry to the company car waiting to take me to lunch. I enter to my favorite coworkers, Nathan, Tieg and Macy. Once I'm seated Nathan says, "Hurry old lady! I'm ready to get my drink on!"

Everyone laughs, but I'm in my head trying to figure out what's going on with me today. We're seated at our table when Tieg asks, "So what are we doing for your birthday, beautiful?"

I pause and glance around the table. Macy and Nathan are staring my way. I swallow the food in my mouth asking, "Who? Me?"

Nathan bursts into laughter, "Quma's going crazy. Girl, yes you!"

Macy joins in, laughing loud, but Tieg is smirking with a concerned expression. I've been wanting to sex Tieg forever, but he's a God-fearing man, married, with two small boys, who are stunning. His wife is as sweet as candy, but week by week I've been seducing him. I'm confident this business trip I will make him yield to my desires. We're now gazing into each other's eyes when he asks, "Quma are you all right?"

I chuckle saying, "Gotcha! I have planned nothing in particular. I'm open for suggestions."

"Yep, she's lost her mind. Today's your birthday crazy lady! As usual, Tieg has to hide in his room before his wife calls, but you planned Portside Bay. ...What's up with you? Did you cancel and not tell everyone?" asks Nathan.

"Shut up Nathan, I'm going!" Tieg scoffs.

Squinting, I peek at my phone to view today's date. It's February 13. I let out a loud sigh. Tieg takes my hand whispering, "Are you sure you're okay, Quma?"

I simply nod. The workday ends, I get to my hotel room, not five minutes in, there's a light tap at my door. Peeping through the peephole I see it's Tieg. Perplexed, I open the door. He asks, "May I come in?"

"S-Sure." I stutter.

I close the door and turn his way. He caresses my face. He kisses me. Now kissing back, I push him away saying, "Tieg what are you doing? You're married!"

Guilt grips him. Voice quivering he says, "I-I'm sorry." He immediately leaves.

I stand in the middle of my room, numb. What in the world is wrong with me? I've been hoping, wishing, and dreaming of this day for months. My conscience is overtaking me. I'm relieved I did the right thing, but why? I've always prided myself for behaving conscienceless. I hate these righteous rules and moral laws that the majority fraudulently try to uphold.