Part 1

It was 2 days before the summer holidays. Draco was sitting on his bed in the Slytherin dorms talking to Pansy- his best friend- when his mother's owl flew through the window and landed on his bed post with a letter clutched in her talons. Draco took the letter from the owl and gave her a treat before she flew off, meaning his mother wasn't bothered with a reply. Pansy gave him a curious look so he simply shrugged his shoulders before ripping open the letter. It read as follows:

Dear Draco,

I've decided that it will be safer if we don't stay at the manor during the summer. Instead, we will be staying with a kind muggle family that are generously letting us stay. I will be waiting on the platform as normal when you come home. Wear muggle clothing and try to learn a few things about muggle culture.

Love, Mum.

He handed the letter to Pansy to read while he buried his head in his hands. Pansy laughed.

"What's so funny?" Draco grit out through clenched teeth.

"You can't do magic all summer without being tracked! That's what's funny!" Pansy exclaimed, falling backwards while clutching her chest laughing. Draco smacked her over the head with a pillow.

"Ok. Ok. I'll stop." She said, sitting up and raising her hands in surrender.

"How am I gonna learn anything about muggles in 2 bloody days?! Merlin save me!" He exclaimed.

"Why don't you ask someone who lives in the muggle world?" Pansy sugested.

"Ask mudbloods!" Draco asked indignantly. 

"Or halfbloods." Pansy added.

"The only half-blood I know that lives in the muggle world is Potter." He sighed in defeat.

"True. Looks like you're gonna be spending a lot of time in the library until we go home." Pansy said, standing up to leave. Draco grabbed her arm, stopping her from leaving.

"Help me? Please?" He begged.

"Wow. A Malfoy saying please. Well because you asked so nicely, let's go." She said, pulling him up and dragging him to the library to read up on muggle life.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&

2 DAYS LATER:

Draco stepped off the scarlet train after saying goodbye to Pansy and Blaise. He almost instantly spotted his mother and jogged over to her, embracing her in a tight hug that she gladly returned. They made their way onto the muggle side of the platform and out the doors. His mother called something called 'taxi'- something Draco hadn't read about- but when the black vehicle pulled up, Draco realised it was this muggle thing called 'a car'. It helps muggles to travel a long way. They got in after placing Draco's belongings in the boot.

"4 Privet Drive." His mother told the driver before they began moving. Draco held onto the door handle, scared of what was going on.

"The family we're staying with are called the Dursleys. They have a son the same age as you and their nephew lives with them too, but they said that he likes routine and likes to keep busy so he cooks and cleans until a certain time before going to bed. They said to not bother talking to him because he's very shy so we wouldn't get a reaction out of him. They might be a bit late because they have to pick him up from school as well as their son. They go to different schools so it takes a while. If they're not there, we'll just wait outside." His mother explained. Draco just simply nodded.