D. Fain Trilogy - The Call

Jacob was being held by restraints, and was screaming. “This is not what you dealed to me, White! You know that!” He was talking to some invisible voice. Suddenly, the door behind me was slammed shut.

         I turned around and tried to open it, with my powers and physical strength; but to no avail. I turned and slammed against the door. “Why am I here, Jacob? What’s happening?” I questioned him, walking closer. Three shadowed humans came out of the dark corners of the room, and one untied his strings. A voice on the intercom started speaking, “Well done, Mr. Benson. I give you props. You brought me exactly what I needed. Thank you.” The voice then directed at the other figures in the room. “Grab the witch.” I suddenly realized what was happening and time froze.

         I guess that’s how it feels, to break. To see everything in your world crashing down. Like a certain string in a dress coming undone, and the entire dress unraveling because of it. My heart shriveled up inside me as my shell was stiff to the touch. I looked into those piercing blue eyes that had green dancing in them, and the pleading of sorrow that cried to me. But I didn’t believe the false truth anymore.

         I couldn’t believe that he lied. The first person I ever told that I was an enchantress, happened to need that information for his own well being. I just didn’t know it would cause my downfall.

         Two of the shadows were suddenly covering me. I wrestled against it, but started to have a panic attack. I have claustrophobia and felt like I was being crushed. “No, get off, damnit, MOVE.” I hissed, and tried to lift them off the ground. They wouldn’t give me what I seeked, but could tell what I was trying to do. One of them took out something that looked like a Taser and stabbed me in the side with it, immediately sending jolts of electricity through my body. I screamed and wretched, and could hear Jacob yelling as he third shadow held him down. I fuzzed out to him screaming my name.