Prologue

A/N: OK, first off, the cover is super bad ik! If you have any cover designs do please share! I'll have a looksie. 

Harry was sprawled on the floor, blood dripping off his chest and face. Harry was 2 years old. His mother looked at him with disgust as she cleaned her knife, dripping with blood. His father doing the same with his razor. The white walls were stained red and the word 'FREAK' was carved into his chest. Harry was in an unconscious state so his parents threw him out, somewhere where nobody could find him. 

Harry woke up to a start. It was dark outside and he didn't know where he was. "Mama?" Harry called out. "Dada?" He moved his tiny legs around, trying desperately to find any living source. There was a rumble of thunder, and Harry looked upwards. The sky had turned dark. There was a spark that lit up the sky. Harry looked at it in awe. The light stopped and Harry waddled through the trashed wasteland. He finally reached a town and looked up as a strike of lighting came flying towards his right eye. It struck, causing him to pass out in pain and a blind eye. There was a scream of horror and two women rushed the boy to a hospital. 

"Hello." Harry froze. He turned pale and hid under the covers. He didn't like strangers. "It's alright." Harry scrambled backwards. "What happened?" Harry gave a confused look. "Bwood? Light, bang!" Harry said, voice shaking. "Mhm... what do your mum and dad look like?" He got some crayons and drew a picture of them. "Are they magical?" "Yes. Siri and Rem said name Lily and James!" "Are you a Potter?" "Yes?" The nurse gasped. "We'll send you back to their house immediately!" Harry shook his head. "No! Mama and dada blood me!" The nurse was in shock. "No mama and dada! I want other mama and dada!" Harry pleaded. The nurse felt guilty and took him to the orphanage. "This is..." "..." "What's your name?" "Boy... or Hawwy or Prongslet?" "Harry Potter?" Harry nodded. "What happened to your parents?!" The nurse explained to the lady and she gasped. "Alright, come here!" Harry followed the woman carefully and was shown to a bedroom. "Twank you?" "So sweet." Harry went onto his bed. "Goodnight." The boy peacefully fell asleep. "Look after him well, don't sell him to an abusive family. "Yes, sis!" The orphanage lady said. The nurse waved goodbye and exited the orphanage. 

It was midnight. The window blasted open. Harry didn't even get a chance to look at the man before he screamed, "AVANDA KEDAVRA!" The green light came towards his forehead and struck. It bounced off and hit the man. Harry fainted in exhaustion. The smoke cleared to a broken window and a red-stained pillow. 

The women screamed at the sight. "Are you alright Harry?!" "Yes?" The lady cleaned his forehead and smiled. "We'll clean that later. Who broke that window?" "Man. Greenlight." "Oh..." Harry ran to play with the other kids and eat breakfast. "Voldemort." The woman said to her sister. "What's 'Voldemort?'. And why would he cut Harry's face?" "Voldemort is a dark wizard and he didn't 'cut' Harry's face... Harry did the impossible and survive the killing curse." Her sister (the nurse) gaped. "Well, you've got a special boy." "Mhm...." The two sisters separated to continue doing their jobs.

-9 Years Later-

"Rai! Your Hogwarts letter has arrived!" "Thank you, Kacey." Rai took the letter from her hand and read it before discarding it." "I'm heading to the owlery." Kacey sighed and headed back to her office. Rai was never adopted, Rai was hated by the kids at the orphanage and teased. They bullied Rai for Rai's eyepatch which Rai would never take off and that funny little lighting bolt scar on Rai's forehead. Going to Hogwarts was some sort of virtual reality to Rai. Now, you must be wondering, why do I keep on saying, Rai? Well, the answer is simple. Rai is nonbinary. They are never treated as such and Rai is always called a he. They changed their name years and years ago. They had no friends in the orphanage, not even a pet. The owls would bite at them, the kids would kick and punch, spiders tried to inject their poison and ants bit them as well. They would always have the injuries, but they carried on with life anyway. "Send this to Hogwarts and don't bite my head off." The owl gave an angry hoot as it had just that idea and flew off. "Time to collect that Potter fortune of mine." Rai sighed and quickly went into the floo. "Diagon Ally!" 

"Hawthorn, 9 3/4. Pliable." Rai took the wand in their hand and twirled it around. Sparks lit up and died. "7 galleons." Rai paid and walked out. "Hmm..." Rai walked up to someone who was carrying an apple. "Expelliarmus." The spell hit the man and his apple dropped. The man muttered a scorgify and continued eating his apple. Rai smirked, oh what wondrous things he could do with it, for better or worse. Rai sighed and tried to get a pet. They, of course, failed. Rai exited the Owl Emporium and headed to the last pet shop left. Snakes... Rai sighed and entered the shop. "A Hogwarts Student! Dark family, I suppose?"  "The Potters." Rai said simply. The shopkeeper gave a dazed look at Rai. "Harry... Potter?" "Rai." Rai walked around and continued sticking out his hand. "No animals like me. Owls scratch me and spiders like to inject poison." They said simply. They walked around the shop and came back empty-handed. "Have a nice day sir." Rai farewelled and sucked the venom out of their arm before spitting it out onto some spare cloth he had. "Scorgify." they muttered before leaving the shop in Knockturn. "Wand arm..." Rai stuck out his left arm and the Knight Bus appeared in front of him. "Rai Potter, Kacey's orphanage." "Hope on in!" Rai entered the strange bus and sighed briefly before getting flung around the bus. "Mrs Kacey's orphanage." Rai paid a fair amount and exited the bus. "That was not enjoyable." Rai muttered to themself. "I need to learn home to Apparate as quickly as possible. I will not tolerate that bus!" Rai groaned in frustration and picked up a rock and threw it onto a window. "Accio stone!" The stone shot back into his hand and Rai sighed. At least throwing that stone made it feel like they threw that stupid Knight Bus. They sighed heavily and entered back into Morganna's Orphanage, which had now been changed to Kacey's Orphanage for Wizards and Witches. At the time they were there, Morganna was the elder sister of the nurse and Kacey.  Kacey had taken over once Morganna had secured a job at the Ministry. They smiled. At least they had one friend here, she was a witch. Well, a Muggleborn. Her parents had freaked out and immediately sent her here after being told about her skills.

"Hermione!" Rai called. "Rai!" The intelligent brown-haired girl lept onto Rai and tackled them down. "How was Diagon?!" Rai sat up. "None of the animals like me." Hermione frowned. "I'm sure you'll find the perfect friend Rai!" Rai smiled at their so-called 'sister'. She had changed her name to Hermione Potter, she respected them when no one else would. "Alright, let's fix your hair up." When they were younger, Rai (as Harry) would style Hermione's hair as it was too bushy for her liking. "Merlin, using a wand is so much easier!" Rai commented. Hermione chuckled. "Of course it would be! Though, I have to agree our wandless magic is easier. It pops up as accidental magic in the Ministry. "Leave it to Hermione to know these things." Rai smiled. They finished Hermione's hair which was n=now in a long braid. "Thanks, Rai!" "Welcome, 'Mione!"