The Coronation

"Anna. Wake up."

"Mmmph?" said Anna, with her eyes still closed. Her hair was like a bird's nest, and there was a sliver of drool coming from her mouth. She rolled her face into her pillow, trying to block out the sunlight that was trying to penetrate her eyes.

"Anna, wake up," came the voice again, "it's coronation day."

"Coro-nation day," mumbled Anna, as she twitched her face, trying to wake herself up. Waking up was one of the hardest things for Anna to do, and it didn't help that she just had the most wonderful dream last night. She dreamt that her sister, Elsa, had come from the Northuldran Forest, to visit her on her coronation day.

Anna's eyelids flew open, and she shot up in her bed.

"It's coronation day! My coronation day!" said Anna, who was now fully awake.

"Of course it is, silly. Now hurry up, or you'll be late for your own coronation!"

Anna turned her head to look to the right of her bed and saw that the source of the voice was none other than her sister, Elsa.

"Elsa!" cried Anna, as she jumped out of bed to give her sister a big bear hug. "You're already here!"

Elsa returned the hug, "Of course I'm here. I couldn't possibly miss my little sister's coronation," she giggled. "Now hurry up and go get changed."

"You don't have to tell me twice!" said Anna as she ran behind her folding screen. A few moments later, she walked out in her coronation dress. It was a beautiful black and teal dress that flowed behind her, which really gave Anna the aura of regality.

"How do I look?" asked Anna as she twirled her dress around, spreading it all around her.

"You look beautiful," Elsa replied, giving her sister a warm smile.

"Thanks sis! Wow they really outdid themselves this time didn't they?" said Anna as she smiled at herself in the mirror, admiring her beautiful dress. It wasn't everyday that she'd get to be dressed like this.

"Yup, they really did. Hey, don't you have a rehearsal that you're supposed to be at right now?" asked Elsa.

"Oof! You're right! The rehearsal! I can't believe I forgot about that! Oh I'm going to be so late!" The redhead began to panic, and frantically walked around the room as though looking for something.

"Then let's get going!" said Elsa. She grabbed both of Anna's hands and pulled her towards the door.

The pair walked down the corridor, hand in hand, towards the Great Hall, where the coronation would take place later that day. When they arrived, they saw that the Great Hall was already bustling with people. The servants were walking around with platters of food, with Gerda arranging them neatly on banquet tables spread with white cloth. The priest was standing at the altar, going through his lines, furrowing his eyebrows as he struggled to find which way of saying "I present to you, Queen Anna, of Arendelle," was best.

The two sisters came up to Kristoff, who was busy arranging some of the decorations in the hall, with Sven and Olaf and his side. "Anna! Elsa!" The mountain man went over to give his fiancée a kiss, and his soon to be sister-in-law a hug.

"So, Anna, ready for the big day?" asked Kristoff.

"Yeah, I guess, heh," replied Anna.

"You're gonna be a great queen," Kristoff went on, "possibly the greatest queen Arendelle has ever had! No offence, Elsa."

"None taken," said Elsa as she held both her hands up, a smile on her lips.

"Er, thanks honey," Anna said as she gave Kristoff a weak smile. As soon as Kristoff left the sisters to continue decorating the hall, Elsa turned to face Anna.