Hide in the Red Dust

One year has passed and Cheska's heart is still breaking and aching. She tend to smile and have fun but it has no use. Every corner of the house and her comfort zones are reflection of the man who broke her trust. The peaceful place she used to love is not epitome of deep hate and pain.The love that onced was so beautiful turned into dust curse. She then decided to go somewhere else and recreate herself.

One year later

Dubai, UAE, it's late night as they arrived. The Immigration Officer stared at her for quite sometime, intently, observing if shes really the cute girl in the picture since her hair is currently cut as if she's a guy. Since she's tired and all sucked up from her 8 hours flight, she wasnt smiling nor making an eye contact with the officer. Later on she was released by the officer and said, "You look too young to be 25 but since you will be working here in the airport with us, I will keep an eye on you, if you legally in aged." By then she politely smiled to the officer.

Cheska roam her eyes around the airport for the first time with amasement as she never bothered to do so after her feet landed to United Arab Emirates, she never thought of one day she will be staying to one of her nightmares. Why nightmare?! She always imagined Middle East as war freak environment, like there are missiles flying, gun shots echoing in battle field and bombing all over the place, like how the media always exaggerates every details of the news. Like blood all over the place and dead bodies are scattered. In her surprised, it is the opposite, it looks like a very luxurious place lost in the middle of the desert. As Cheska continuously observing, she noticed almost every guy wears this white long dress, called Candura. It is the traditional old fashioned clothing of Arabs, but it doesnt look too old, it is more of a trendy and majestic fabric being covered to their bodies, especially some of those handsome officers who wears it in the Immigration lane. And, girls, they wear sky black dress or cloak, a robe rather but the classy and modest princess like looking perfectly fit to every girl who wears it. It is loose yet mysteriously sexy to look at which is the abaya.
As she and her co-workers stepped out of the airport, she noticed the red dusty color of the sky, that the beauty of the stars cant be seen enough because of that red dust. "I feel protected, by the light pollution in the sky. For now, I dont want to remember anything about the beautiful starry sky of compassion." As Cheska exlaimed sarcastically.
Rizz one of her coworkers look at her with amusement, "And how did you know it's light pollution and not some usual weather here?"
She looked at Rizz and smiled, "Look how the lights reflect at the space around it and the stars in the sky arent visible enough against the light" pointing at the street lights that was bright yellow orange, which are solar operated lights, "and the wind has dust in it that makes the light occupies the surroundings." as she continues as teasing Rizz, I can hide myself in the red dust under the black starry sky I dont want to look at it for now."
"Are we complete here?" asked by the coordinator reciting all their names. As the roll call is done and everyone is complete. They packed up their luggages inside the mini bus then hit the road towards their accommodation. It is well said in the contract that company will provide for their housing and transportation matter for work needs.
Cheska doesnt like to sleep, she wanted to see the new environment. It amased her how luxurious the building and houses around. The concept of it doesnt look like desert but more likely western or British influenced. She continues to look around while their mini bus fights against the traffic. I've really thought Manila has the worst traffic and not to mentioned Bangkok, Thailand but nothing beat this traffic Im seeing here in Dubai, if it's still Dubai.
"This is still part of Dubai, as you can see, on the left, is the highest building all over the country, Burj Khalifa." the driver seemed have noticed everyone are roaming their eyes around and wondering about the traffic jammed. "tomorrow you will have your medical and we'll give you a short ride around the place." the coordinator added.

Since hearing a short tour tomorrow, Cheska decided to close her eys and take a nap, while beating the traffic on the way to their villa.

"Good morning, ladies" the coordinator said. Finally, you are now in your new home.

As Cheska opens her eyes she was mesmerized with the kind of villa being referred to be their housing benefit. Its a three story house, with garden, veranda and nice balcony at the left side next to the pool. It looks like a real house. As they entered, she was surprised how big it is. Bigger than what she have imagined. It has  receiving area, then living room with TV and game consule, then a huge kitchen connected to the dinning area. The stairs are marmol and vast, that even three people walk together is possible. The room assigned to her is at the second floor, with bathroom and