Incident 1

One moment she wasn't then she suddenly was. It was confusing, suddenly with the capacity to remember, to feel. Maybe that's just how all three year olds think. Who was she, why was she laid out on a grungy pull out mattress. Then again why not, she fell asleep.

When next she opened her eyes, she was tired. Her eyes blinked away sleep as if it would dissipate the fatigue that came with being awake. She turned to a woman with coal black hair draped over sun kissed skin. The smell of cigarettes looming in the air and off the breath in waves hitting her face, turning away harshly. A larger hand pulls her close she flips over to see melted ice staring back at her. That was the first time she remembered her name being so softly spoken, she puts it away in her mind in a folder titled me. The woman has a gentle smile, it's kind, it's full of desperation that the woman's creation will love her unconditionally. Tiny hands reach out and loosen grip falling into sleep.

She wakes up again, she's hiding behind a wooden tv cabinet she can count her age on one hand alone. Alcohol forces it's way into her nose, it's pungent, the noise is scary. She wants to curl up, curl up until she turns into a Rollie Polly so she can hide like them. Screams, shattered against the wall just as loud as her mother did. He was drinking again. It's okay, her mommy said to stay out of it, so she did but in her Chest she felt something clawing, she rocks herself in the corner until sleep takes her away.