Chapter Forty-one *SPECIAL*

This chapter will now be in the viewpoint of Wolfpaw. Enjoy this chapter special with Wolfpaw!

Every strand of fur on his back was on fire as BoulderClan cats surrounded him. Their good-byes and good-lucks warmed his heart, but his green eyes kept looking back at Swiftpaw. The beautiful she-cat's eyes rested upon him, her calico pelt ruffling slightly in the breeze, her amber eyes glowing with warmth. Wolfpaw glanced away, a bit intimidated by her firey amber eyes, but stared back. She stood alone, watching as he was crowded by his clanmates. She doesn't deserve to be alone, he thought considerately.

Once Wolfpaw said his good-byes to the ones he loved, he turned to face a grief-stricken Blackpaw. His kithood friend, who had a crush on him, was standing in front of him. Her blue eyes were glazed over in sadness. "Good-bye, Blackpaw. I'll see you at the next Gathering, I hope," was all he could say to her before he brushed past her to Swiftpaw. I'm sorry, Blackpaw, but I could never love you as much as Swiftpaw. You're so obsessed with being the best that you put others down. 

The clan watched as Wolfpaw and Swiftpaw exited the camp alone. Wolfpaw wanted to walk only with Swiftpaw because he wanted to talk to her about his past. The two lovers now padded up the stone steps to exit the surroundings of rocks that made BoulderClan camp. Swiftpaw then meowed, "Your family...they're so loving." Her voice was gentle as ever and it made a shiver of delight run down his spine. It was more in comfort and a reminder that she was his. "They are quite loving. Before they took me in, their two daughters passed in the harsh leaf-bare." The harsh leaf-bare affected all the clans. I'm just glad that it didn't hurt Swiftpaw or Poppyfoot too much. 

As they padded through the forest, Swiftpaw began to explain to him about TideClan. "Ever since my mother passed, my father has gone crazy. Thankfully, our deputy, Lionstripe, has everything under control. I'm sure TideClan would let you in because we need more warriors, but you'll have to earn their trust." she meowed to him as she agilely leaped up unto a fallen log to walk across. Wolfpaw remained on the forest floor, walking beside her. "Earn their trust? I'm assuming that I'll be under a ton of supervision," Wolfpaw lightly scoffed in annoyance. But so will Swiftpaw, he realized. 

The soft drizzle of rain stopped but the sky was still gray. Wolfpaw could see the lining of trees ahead and his eyes narrowed. They were coming close to the border of TideClan and BoulderClan. He remembered tenderly when he watched Swiftpaw hunt a rabbit with pure luck. Back then, my feelings for her were sheltered. "I'm slightly excited to see TideClan. Maybe I'll see my father? I'm not sure. But I want to be a TideClan warrior with you," he told her as they approached the very border.

She turned her head to look at him. Her amber eyes softened, "I want to be a warrior with you, too." Swiftpaw buried her face into his chest. Wolfpaw set his jaw on top of her head and let out a purr of satisfaction. "Swiftpaw, with you, I can and will do anything for you. I love you," he meowed.

"And I love you, too," she purred, pulling herself away from him. Blinking slowly, he chuckled down at her. "I think, for now, I'll have to protect you because you're much smaller than me."

"HEY!" Swiftpaw's tail stood up straight and she growled at him. He found her extremely cute and he roared in amusement, "You heard me!"

"I may be smaller than you, but I can assure you that I can help myself in battle," she defended herself, rolling her eyes at him. Wolfpaw wanted to tease her more but he could see an approaching border patrol. TideClan cats... he thought. Swiftpaw noticed as well and she turned to view how far the patrol was.

The border patrol had just padded out of the willow forest, not yet have seen Wolfpaw or Swiftpaw. Since the two apprentices were at the bottom of the slope, they were hidden unless they were looked for. "So," Wolfpaw whispered to his lover, "what's your plan? Get ourselves caught by that patrol or do we surprise them at camp?"