1.1

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is only The Force.

Den Freyna sat on the floor, his twin lightsabers laid out before him, as he recited the Jedi code in his head. Meditation has always been a useful method for the Jedi; to get more in tune with The Force and find inner peace. Den was a tall human male with short brown hair and brown eyes. He wore a Jedi's tunic with a sash extending down from the center of his waist. He also wore a cape with a hood and had protective tape wrapped around his forearms, wrists, and palms.

It is 19 BBY, and the Clone Wars have raged on for many years at this point. Clone troopers representing the Galactic Republic and battle droids representing the Confederacy of Independent Systems (otherwise known as the Separatists) battle it out in numerous systems for control of the galaxy.

The Jedi were peacekeepers, but since the war began, they have been inducted as generals and soldiers in this conflict. The more the Clone Wars raged, the more the Jedi had to sacrifice their ideals.

Den knew all of this. He had been inducted into the Jedi Order as a child, as most Jedi were. Becoming a Jedi Knight was all he had ever wanted, and now he was one, but it didn't sit right. He felt his faith in the Jedi wavering, hoping that once the war ended, the Jedi would return to what they used to be.

That's why he's meditating. He had been involved in numerous battles for the war already, most of them alongside his former master, but the stress of battle was something he could cope with.

The main event that sparked his mistrust in the Jedi was the Temple Bombing incident.

The padawan accused of committing the crime was expelled from the Order without a second thought, and Den couldn't understand why. Especially after it was revealed she didn't bomb the Jedi Temple, and was framed for the crime by another, she wasn't let back in. This caused Den's faith in the Jedi; more specifically, the Jedi Council, to waver.

Den found his thoughts interrupted by the chime at his quarters' door.
He stood up and picked up his lightsabers in the process, clipping them to his hips.

He approached the door and opened it, finding a short, Togruta woman standing on the other side.

"Master Ni," Den smiled, and gave a slight bow.
"Den, please, we've known each other since we were younglings," Adasha Ni chuckled.
"I know, but it only feels appropriate calling you 'master' now," Den replied, stepping out of his quarters and letting the door close behind him, "Especially since I heard you took on your first apprentice recently."
"Indeed!" Adasha smiled, "I selected her a few rotations ago. She's a Dathomirian girl named Leza, and she shows great potential."
Den paused, puzzled.
"Dathomirian?" he asked, "Like, a Nightsister?"
"Yes," Adasha affirmed, "I'm sure you know that the Separatists apparently massacred the entire Nightsister clan on Dathomir a while ago."
"Yes," Den answered as the two began to walk, "That's why I'm a little confused. It was said all of the Nightsisters were killed in the attack."
"Usually, when one says 'all', they mean 'most'," Adasha advised, "Leza didn't come from Dathomir, though, she hails from Rattatak."
"Ah," Den replied, "Does she know of her true heritage?"
"I'm not sure..." Adasha nodded in greeting to two fellow Jedi passing by them, "She doesn't seem to, but I don't want to assume. I don't sense any particular sadness within her, though, so if she does know, it doesn't seem to be bothering her."

Den nodded in understanding.
Adasha then looked at him, "How is your sister, Roanna?"
"She's... still off with her master," Den replied, "They've been in battle on Taris for quite a while now."
"Ah, I see," Adasha replied, "I do hope she returns, safe and sound."
"Yes," Den replied plainly, then looked out a vast window as they walked past it.

Through the window, a large view of Coruscant could be seen. Speeders zooming through the air, with the many skyscrapers of the city planet looming all around. The view the Jedi Temple had of the planet never ceased to amaze.

"Adasha," Den said, "Do you think... that this war is nearing its end?"
Adasha paused.
"I can't say I know for certain, why do you ask?"
"It's just... I worry that the more this war goes on, the more we Jedi lose that which made us who are in the first place."
"Really? And who are we?"
Den paused.
"Keepers of the peace who do what is right."
"Then, in that case, I feel as though we still are that exactly."

Den didn't reply, unsure of what to say.
"Well," Adasha said, "I need to meet Leza to continue our training for the day. I came to your quarters because I was told to tell you the Jedi Council has requested your presence the Council chamber."
"Oh," Den said, "If that was the case, why didn't you just contact me over the comm link?"
"Well, it has been a while since we last saw each other," Adasha smiled, "One thing this war is guilty of is separating us for long periods of time."
Den smiled, "Thank you, Adasha."

The two bowed at each other, and Adasha left in the other direction.
Den watched her go, and took a breath.
If the Jedi Council wanted to see him, that could only mean they had an assignment for him.

He started making his way to the council chamber, wondering what would be in store for him this time.