Jolene: Betrayed 1

The last thing I want to do is go on a blind date. However, my sister INSISTED. My Irish twin Harletta (born exactly 12 months before me) has been dating Calvin Dobbins since high school. Harley and Cal are the "it couple" in town. It turns out he knows someone that is just perfect for me, but that is what got me into this mess to begin with. You see, I had been dating Calvin's best friend Jace since I was 19. Until I recently found an email receipt for a hotel suite, and a fancy dinner for two that I did not attend. He eventually confessed. Six years of my life washed away by a 20-year-old floozy named Candy.

So, here I am getting ready for a blind date. The worst type of date known to man.
My date said he would pick me up at 7 pm. It is currently 7:45. I'm about to start washing off this God-awful makeup, that I had to run all over hell's half acre to purchase at the closest Ulta store, when my blind date finally decides to show up. He should be ashamed of the noise coming from the after-market tail pipes on his car that anyone older than 19 should be embarrassed to drive. Unfortunately, by the confident strut he's using to make his way to my door, I'm positive he loves everything about his mess of a car. I'm watching him on my doorbell camera, and I'm contemplating on whether I should open the door or not. After he hit the doorbell three times, I decide to answer the door just to shut him up.

Don't get me wrong, he is not bad looking, but he absolutely is not my type. He is on the shorter side, with blonde hair and blue eyes. He is traditionally good looking, in a Hollister ad type of way, but that is the opposite of my type. As I open the door fully, he begins checking me out unabashedly. Starting at my freshly pedicured toes, and slowly making his way up, stopping at my chest of course, before eventually meeting my eyes and introducing himself.

"Uh hey, I'm Tucker, Cal's friend," he says with a sway that makes me wonder if he had been drinking.

"Umm hi, I'm Jolene. Harletta's sister," I reply, trying to gauge if I should just shut the door in his face or not. For Harley and Cal's sake I decide to go with the flow, and now we are heading to his planned date for us... a haunted house.