One Last Kingdom {Lucy}

Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light. -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter
~~~
It was the gentle falling of the snow that broke my heart the most as I sat by the window, staring at a lamp post in the snowy street. Remembering Narnia, the kingdom in the closet, and all the fun us Pevensies had when we were children. I was nine, Edmund ten, Susan fourteen, and Peter, the oldest, fifteen. It's been twelve years since then, and I am twenty one. Susan, the 'proper' one insists that it was all just a nice dream that we had all shared, and I think that Peter is starting to believe her. Well, they are the oldest, losing their magic.

Susan got married to a trader who have her a pair of adorable twins that look just like her, with her long brown hair in gentle curls. The trader later died at sea, leaving her widowed. That's life, they would have me believe, but I just can't. If Edmund were still living, he would agree.

Edmund, our least favorite brother. I still remember that time when he sold us to the white witch for Turkish delight. I remember the time less harshly now, but I was betrayed. Especially since he had totally tried to tell Peter and Susan that I was just an over imaginative little girl. He's the reason Tumnus got hurt. But I forgive him, because later on he was all I had. Susan had just gotten married when Peter left us. I haven't seen him since that summer day.

Two years later, Edmund caught a bad case of an unknown disease. I stayed outside, peering in through through the little observation window, praying for him to recover. His skin turned pale and his dark hair whitened, but then it changed back to that warm brown. I thought he was soon going to recover, but but he ?never did, and soon the bells were delivering the sad tale.

Recently, I had been getting dreams of my brothers and sister. Dreams of being crowned, riding Aslan, admiring the bright emerald green of a dragon's scales. Dancing, singing, being happy, led around by a satyr with small horns. Everyone we had left behind when Aslan decided it was time for Narnia to end. The talking animals, Prince Caspian, all the dwarfs and ents and satyrs.

Oh, how the stars fell as Aslan helped the animals and creatures cross the bridge between worlds. Aslan, the golden lion with the golden mane. Aslan, who spoke with a voice pure and just. Aslan. Aslan. Aslan.

I missed the golden lion. I prayed to see him in all his majesty, but I never saw him again. I went to every zoo and circus, staring deep into their eyes. "Aslan?" I would ask, and the huge cats would just roar and prance around.

As I stared at the winter wonderland, I breathed mist on to the window. I placed a hand, leaving a clear hand print. I swear I could see those warm orange cat eyes staring at me. Aslan. I turned around, staring behind me. Nothing. Of course. I was a bit disappointed, but oh well.

"Aslan? Are you here?" I breathe out. Silence. "Aslan, please. I want to go back to Narnia, and see the lamp post," I pleaded. The air seemed to shimmer, as if in a mirage, and then a glow started to light up the room.

"Lucy Pevensie, I have missed you so," the majestic voice purred. My eyes widened in amazement. I reach out to and touch his nose. Warmth. "You're real," I hugged him, running my hands though his thick golden fur. He laughed softly.

"It's time for a new adventure- to start a new kingdom, grander than Narnia. For when the sun rises, we'll all stand together."

A bright light enveloped the room, and with it a ringing that seemed to make glass shatter. Aslan's terrifying roars shook the ground, then all was still.

I found myself on a grassy meadow, the grass so green and the sky so blue. It was as if my vision had suddenly been cleared. I yelled in happyness, squeezing my eyes shut, remembering the last time Aslan's magic took me someplace. "I'm not holding your hand," Edmund had said to Peter.

"Lu?" a voice called out, stopping my heart. It couldn't be. I opened my eyes slowly, and there he was. Edmund Pevensie, my brother. He looked about fourteen, without the shallow look on his face as he had wasted away. Had I died? Was this the new adventure?

"Lucy," Edmund walked toward me, smiling, pulling me into a hug. "I've missed you so." I hugged him back, asking him how he's alive. "Aslan," was all he said. He was wearing a green tunic that complemented his dark hair and light eyes. He had a black sword belt with a sword on it. There was a black and green circlet on his head. I reached up to feel my own, which I knew to be orange and dark yellow. My own dress was the same color, my crystal vial by my side. Were we back in Narnia, reliving a memory. Something in the back of my head told me that, no, this is real. We have a new chance. Thank you, Aslan!

A startled gasp came from behind us to reveal an eighteen year old Susan, with her hair in ringlets, a bow with a quiver slung across her blue and silver dress. Her tiara sat perfectly on her head. "Do you believe me now?" I asked, and she nodded. Tears were in her eyes. "I saw Aslan," Susan confided. She knelt and plucked up some grass, before letting it flutter down again. "I'm young and beautiful again," Susan waved her arms, laughing. I smiled, and so did Edmund. We were young and beautiful too.

Soon Peter too was with us, his nineteen year old smiling self. "Good old Aslan," Peter smiled, adjusting his sword belt and golden crown inlaid with rubies. Red and gold were his colors, and they matched his dirty blonde hair. "One last kingdom. For Narnia."
Far away it seemed like Aslan agreed. "For Narnia."

And so we sat and watched as the city of night rose around us, spiraling away in lights and glossy surfaces. Out adventure has begun again, and not in a closet this time.

•••
A/N: So this is my new Fanfiction with multifandom (you can go check the descriptions to see which fandoms will be appearing here) and if you would like me to add to my list, just leave a comment. (So excited for this story!)