𝐍𝐁𝐀𝐊

"my worst nightmare is an empty bed"- Bench Warmer

"I promise I'll change! I'll get it right this time just please don't leave me." Taymor pleaded to an uninterested Kentrell.

"It's not even you bruh. You should want me ta leave, I literally cheat on you any chance I get. Lemme go." Kentrell said as he kept packing

"B-But what did I do? Am I too short? Am I too fat? I need to know!" Taymor exclaimed throwing Kentrell's clothes across the floor.

"I FOUND SOMEONE BETTER! Is dat what you wanna hear?! He's jus betta, he don't bitch about everything and he go with the fuckin flow unlike you." Kentrell said snatching his clothes away and staring holes into Taymor.

"You know what? Fuck these clothes, I can buy more. I'm out." Kentrell huffed and walked out of their bedroom for the last time, leaving Taymor to drown in his thoughts.

Tay didn't know what to do. Kentrell made him stop talking to all his friends and family so there wasn't really anyone he could call....except his mother. The woman had always been there for him even when he was in the wrong. She always knew what to say to inspire him and push him through the hard times.

"Momma?" Tay spoke into the phone with a broken voice

"Baby?! Oh my lord how have you been? I haven't heard anything from you in ages!" His mother exclaimed, not yet picking up on his defeated tone. She was just grateful to hear her son's voice again.

"Mom, Kentrell left me." Tay said full on breaking down at this point. He was constantly trying to modify himself for the man but it never seemed to work for very long, he lost himself and everything he ever knew just to be left by his 'soulmate'.

"I'm so sorry baby. But, you gotta pick yourself up off the ground and keep going on. If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk then crawl, but by all means keep moving forward (that is a martin luther king quote) Where are you, I'll come get you." His mother asked already going to put her shoes on and grab her keys.

"...Baton Rouge, Louisiana." Taymor mumbled lowly because it was quite a ways from original hometown.

"LOUISIANA?! Boy what the hell are you doing in Louisiana?! Especially the dirtiest part!"

"Kentrell convinced me to move back to his hometown with him. And like the idiot I am, I told him yes." Tay confessed shamefully. Something told him in the beginning not to go, but since it was for Kentrell he pushed it down and packed up.

"Well like I said, I'm coming to get my baby. I miss you too much to go any longer without you." She spoke still holding onto her keys while looking for a jacket.

"Mom that's a 6 hour drive. I'll find my own way home."

"I'm coming to get you. You just be ready and all packed when i get there. And get some sleep cuz you drivin the way back." His mother said ignoring his previous statement.

"Okay momma, i love you." Tay said with watering eyes, hating that he ever lost his bond with the sweetest woman on earth. There was a time when no one was at Taymor's side, but her. He knew she would always have his back no matter what.

"I love you, so much. I'll give you a call when i get there." and with that she hung up once again leaving Tay to reflect on his past decisions. He had to admit to himself that he moved way too fast with Kentrell and ignored all the signs.

He had been broken down completely. His mental would never be where it once was, all because he didn't wanna let Kentrell go. He did everything and more to make their 'relationship' work but in the end there is no pleasing Kentrell. He'll always want more than you can offer, and when he finds someone who has it he'll hop up and leave instantly.

In the corner of Tay's eye, he spotted the shirt Kentrell wore when they first laid eyes on each other. He could remember the whole outfit that they both were wearing. In fact, Kentrell always called it his "lucky" shirt and always wore it to something important. But Taymor knew that shirt didn't really mean anything to him, he just wore it to make him feel special.

Tay picked it up and sat back down on the bed with it. He examined it, seeing that it was still as bright as ever and had no stains on it. He balled it up and held it close to himself, sniffing it lightly instantly smelling Kentrell's signature cologne. It almost made him forget that he was gone and never coming back.

Then, Tay remembered that Kentrell probably wore this shirt while cheating on him, making him throw it across the room. He doesn't know why he held onto someone who treated him like dirt for so long. Maybe he was just trying to wait out the hard times until they went back to the old times. But those days would never come back again, anytime he thinks of Kentrell he'll think of all the pain and suffering he caused him.

He was ready to go home. He wanted to get the fuck away from Baton Rouge and Kentrell's bullshit. Everyone told Taymor that he was a only unfaithful thug but he got sucked into his game any way. He didn't think those beautiful eyes could possibly decieve him, but he was obviously wrong. Taymor was only 15 and Kentrell was 18, needless to say Kentrell had some psychological power over Tay. He knew how to word things that would excite a 15 year old but bore anyone older and experienced.

Taymor was ready to leave all his pain in this house. He wanted to go on and love himself again before he even attempted to talk to anyone else.

☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎

(1006 words)

theres gonna be a pt 2

anyways love you mija💜