V • SINNERS AND SAINTS

five | pécheurs et saints

Mikaelson Mansion

Klaus angrily brings the young witch to the living room, where Monique and Rebekah are waiting for them, and deposits Sophie onto the single leather couch, "We had a deal! You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches." Thanks to Agnes herself; he should have listened to what Monique thought.

"You should consider yourself lucky that Hayley's still alive right now. Otherwise, I'm going to have to do us a favor by slitting your lovely throat." Monique threatened her as an ultimatum from her own seat on the couch. Perhaps she would do so while the witch is cooking her famous gumbo? Klaus and Rebekah, however, are truly pleased by this unpredictable threat, "But that doesn't really make sense because you're still linked to her."

The young brunette witch shakes her head frantically, "I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, yes, you're right. She dies, I die." Therefore, neither of them or anyone could do anything to her at this point. Although why would she risk her own life if she was the one behind the late attack in the woods the previous night when it comes to the werewolf?

Monique looks up at him from her seat on the armchair, "Told you so." Although Sophie remains in the same coven as the guilty culprit — Agnes. Does this mean the old witch was about to betray her own people? It only disappoints her even more that nothing ever really changes about the coven which relates to her family; it seems that Deveraux are prone to betrayals.

Klaus sighs in a tired manner, purely annoyed, "Don't defend the witch." Despite both ladies are related in the same powerful and ancient bloodline.

Rebekah frowns, truly puzzled and clueless, "Then who were they?"

Sophie sighs in an equally tired manner, "They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

The youngest vampire frowns suspiciously, "What kind of vision?"

Her witch descendant looks at her, "She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one." Despite guessing isn't really a reliable way to foretell the actual truth.

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Nik spoke.

"...Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches." Dangerous.

The father itself smiles, "Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second."

Monique spoke up once again in a grim manner, "Sophie, look-- I promised Elijah that I would protect the baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell us just how extreme this faction is?" She would be truly annoyed even more if she finds out it's only exaggeration.