↳ "maybe you'll just swing by"

┊           ┊           ┊           ┊

┊           ┊           ┊              ✧・゚

┊           ┊           ✧・゚

┊              ✧・゚                  [ one ]

✧・゚

"just tell me the answer!" chenle whined, slumping into jisung's shoulder. "you have to remember this yourself, lele. it's going to be on the test and i can't help you when we take it." jisung responded, wrapping an arm around chenle who rested on him.

and there went the chinese boy's heart again.

chenle loved jisung. and in more than just in a friendly way. he had finally admitted it to himself after the years they had been best friends, but was terrified to let him know. he didn't want to lose the only person that had stuck by his side since he was pretty much a baby. he didn't want to lose their friendship. he figured it was better to just keep things as they were, and that's how it's been since the last year. chenle had been putting his feelings aside since last year.

"it's fine if i miss a few problems though, as long as i'm still passing." chenle mumbled, feeling his heart race as jisung placed his head in top of his. "that's true, but over half of the test are these problems." the younger told, seeing chenle pout at the response. he knew his best friend had a good reason for not letting him see his answers, but he just couldn't ever get the math he was learning right. chenle pushed the math homework aside and ended up starting his history work, which ultimately led jisung to do the same as well.

"how long have we been here?" chenle asked, turning to the window and seeing the sunset nearly gone. the two had been at a small café by their neighborhood since school let out and the sun was still in the sky. "too long.." jisung complained, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy and leaning further into him.

their skinship was always a big thing for them. jisung loved hugs and cuddles as much as chenle did, so there was a never really a moment when one wasn't touching the other. it was just that now, chenle would fall for the taller boy a little more every time he showed his affection like this. he just couldn't help it, as much as he tried to stop feeling this way.

"we can finish everything tomorrow.. wanna go home? you're tired." chenle said quietly, patting jisung's head which caused him to nuzzle himself further into the chenle. he always did this to show he was in fact tired, which was cue for chenle to start packing his and jisung's things while he rested against him. once he was done, the two got up and began walking back home. their walk was very slow, both boys taking their time because they knew they weren't going to see each other until the next morning. chenle looked down at their interlaced hands, which again wasn't supposed to be such a big deal for them since they always did this.

but now, it was a big deal for chenle.

every time jisung touched him all he could feel was butterflies and how much he couldn't stand it. he didn't want to feel this way about him, he didn't want to feel this way about somebody who only looked at him as a friend. and as much as he wanted those feelings to go away and stay away, they only became stronger, and chenle became more and more afraid. he didn't know what on earth he was going to do about it, but one thing that was for sure was that he just couldn't let him know. best friends were meant to always stay as best friends.

right?

".. lele?" the said boy finally snapped out of his thoughts once he felt jisung lightly grab his chin and turn his face towards him. the younger giggled slightly, "where you even listening to me?" chenle quickly averted his eyes from jisung's, so thankful it was dark outside because it hid his intense blushing. "no.. sorry." he responded, looking back up at his best friend sheepishly. jisung giggled a little louder. "you must be really tired. but i asked if you wanna sleep over with me tonight."

chenle and jisung lived just a few houses away from each other. their families knew each other very well because of their children being glued by the hip everywhere they went, so they were always allowed to spend the night at each others' house. chenle had a spare toothbrush and quite a lot of his pajamas over at jisung's home, and vice versa. the chinese boy slowly nodded his head, jisung looking at him fondly before snaking his arms around him and picking him up. chenle's leg wrapped around jisung's waist and his arms around his neck, his heart pretty much beating out of his chest. neither of them really said anything, as jisung always picked the smaller boy up when he was noticeably tired. he wanted him resting as soon as possible, even if he was resting against him while they were going somewhere. the pair reached jisung's house soon, chenle taking his phone out to send his parents a text that he would be staying the night with his best friend.

the two greeted jisung's mom and dad, who were in the living room at the entrance of the home cuddled up and watching a movie. they cooed at the sight of their son caring for his friend so tenderly. "do you boys want anything to eat?" his mother asked. chenle and jisung declined, "no thank you. we're just gonna go right to sleep." jisung replied with a small yawn, to which his parents nodded their heads and bid them a goodbye and a goodnight.

jisung walked into his room and into the small bathroom that was connected to it, where he let chenle wash his face and brush his teeth and change before he went in and did the same. once they were both done,  jisung turned off his lights and the two got into bed. the younger's arms wrapped around chenle's waist and he brought him in close again, nuzzling his face into the crook of his neck and feeling chenle play with his hair. it was what always made him that much more sleepier, when chenle played with his hair.

"... we'll figure out all that math in the morning, okay?" jisung sleepily mumbled, his voice deeper than usual which made chenle's heart skip a beat. "mhm." the older responded quietly, jisung letting out a low giggle at how cute it sounded. the boy hugged and brought chenle's waist a little more closer towards him, and was soon fast asleep. meanwhile, chenle just continued running his fingers through his soft locks. he looked down at him, his facial features softened and his breathing slowed. he looked down at his arms, how they were holding him to securely and so lovingly. he looked down at him entirely, knowing that he would never be his.

jisung was always showing chenle the new boy he was in love with for the week. he was the type to move on really fast and without warning. he was the one very quick to correct people who believed him and chenle were a couple, which they got very often since they were constantly together. he always reminded the entire world that they were just best friends, and it broke chenle's heart just a little bit more each time he did that. the small boy sighed, his arms going around jisung softly. he just held him, safely and soundly, wanting to protect him from any harm even though there was nothing harmful in the room. after another while of just thinking about everything he was feeling, he finally decided to just stop and figure it out later.

chenle went to sleep with jisung's warm arms around him and tears pricking at his eyes.

[ 3:17 a.m. ]

neww storyy

i feel so restless and in any position i'm in i feel so uncomfortable 😣

i hope u guys enjoy dis one please stay safe everybody

i love you

<3

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura.