Your Captain

A birthday one shot for my Bakubitch

The wind was rough, and you could taste the salt in the air. The people lined up to board the cruise ship had elegant clothes on fit for royalty, and somehow you felt underdressed. It was your first trip you were going on alone, after all.

You always went places with your family, but this time they insisted you go alone to get away from the kids. They wouldn't get off your back saying,

"being a single parent seems so hard, go take a vaca~"

"You're always taking care of those twins, you need to rest up sis!"

"Go on vacation and find yourself a man! Or woman, momma doesn't discriminate."

"We want a daddy, please?"

You groaned at remembering all the pressure, but figured you might as well enjoy the trip, even though you won't a "hotshot and charming" man that's supposed to sweep you off your feet.

"Ticket, ma'am." You gave the man your ticket and made your into the boat and into your room.

You put your bags next to your soft white bed before flopping down on it and sighing.

"Maybe it is time to get myself back out there..." you muttered. You looked to your right and saw gorgeous sliding doors that opened to a balcony which gave you a vibrant view of the ocean.

You stood up and stretched, deciding that you could at least go get a tan at the community pool. You changed into your F/c swimsuit and grabbed your coverup and towel. On your way, you grabbed one of the pamphlets and checked all that you could do, and the different scheduled events. There was an extravagant dinner tonight on the top deck, and the captain would even be there.

"Hmm, I'll take a look I guess." She put the pamphlet in her beach bag and continued walking to the pool area.

There were a bunch of big families in the pool and you felt very cramped. You loved kids, you had twins for god sakes! But you figured it'd be a little strange for a single woman watching children play with each other.

You looked around and saw that there was an area for adults only, so you walked over to it. There was an empty pool and adults drinking alcohol. You shrugged and put your stuff next to a lounge chair and laid down.

"Excuse me, Miss, would you like something to drink?" You opened your eyes from your relaxation to see a scrawny green-haired boy looking at you with a large blush.

"Oh, uhm, I'll just have a glass of wine." The boy nodded and stalked off. You grabbed your sunglasses and laid back down, but that was short lived when you felt two tiny hands grab your thigh.

You opened your eyes and saw a blonde haired girl with ponytails who couldn't have been older than 6, play drums on your thigh. Unlike a normal adult, you started to coo over the girl and talk to her in a motherly way.

"Hi, sweetie, what are you doing here?" You asked, sitting up and moving your legs over the side of the chair. The child moved her hands away and started twiddling her fingers.

"I-I lost my daddy...can you help me find him?" It broke your heart that this little girl had separated herself from her parent, so of course you helped her.

"Of course! Where did you see him last?" You grabbed onto her hand and the two of you started walking around the deck.

"I remember seeing him over...wait, there he is!" She pointed happily and jumped up and down when she saw a tall man in the...captains suit. This man was the captain! Your eyes widened as you felt the little blonde continue to drag you over to the captain.