Chapter 1: Rose

Rose looked at the mirror anxiously. How could this happen to her? She wasn't... she couldn't be.... What happened to her beautiful innocence? The cruel truth was, she liked girls, in that way, in a household with Christian parents, and anti-gay morals. She looked in the mirror, and started to panic. This is impossible. I'm not gay, or at the very least bi. It's all her fault! Rose thought, a certain girl invading her mind. Tammy.

Tammy was so perfect, with her great personality, although Tammy had absolutely no self confidence. Tammy hated herself just for what she looked like. A couple years ago, she was in a nasty car accident. Now, she has scars all over herself from the collision, which she often avoided talking about. But, looks didn't matter. All that mattered was how someone acted. That was the phrase Rose had grown up with all her life. She always tried her very best not to judge people for what they looked like, and never getting to know them. Tammy was one of Rose's best friends, along with Amy, Emma, Josie and Zoe. Tammy, however much she didn't think so was so attractive. And Tammy's beautiful light blue eyes. And, Tammy was so funny, but also pretty smart.

Tammy could sometimes act like a total geek or nerd when she was talking about the things she loved dearly. Unfortunately, Rose sighed as she realized she wouldn't ever be on that list of things Tammy geeked over and talked about. But that was endearing of how energized Tammy could get from a simple topic.

But, Rose couldn't be gay or bi. Her parents would kick her out of the house for sure. She texted her most trusted from everyone in her friend group, Zoe. Zoe was always level-headed, and was a strategist. She was also very understanding, and it was a rare occurrence that she lost her temper. She texted Zoe.

Rose: Hey, Zoe
Zoe: Hello Rose. What's up?
Rose: So, I have a crush...
Zoe: Who is it?!?!                     
Rose: You have to guess it! :()
Zoe: Is he in the same grade as us?
Rose: Um, yes she is
Zoe: A she?! Are you serious?!
Rose: Um yes?
Zoe: You're gay. Go to hell!
Rose: Wait, Zoe!!!
Zoe: No. I don't listen to freak gays like you. Especially ones who have been faking straight for all these years!
Rose: Zoe, what's gotten into you?!

Rose was left on read, she waited a couple minutes but eventually it was clear Zoe wasn't going to respond. Rose started to curl up on her bed and cry. She couldn't deal with all this stress. I'm going to lose my family, and all my friends, she said to herself after thinking for a moment. The next day at school, she distanced herself from everybody, even Tammy. She worked alone for every partner project that day during classes. She ate with her friends during lunch, but read a book which she immersed herself in, blocking out all outside noises.

Rose liked to read, it took her mind off of things in her life, and she always found them as a coping mechanism. Zoe acted like nothing happened, but glared coldly at Rose often.

Rose excused herself to the bathroom, and she started sobbing. She heard the door open, and quickly went silent. "Rose, is that you?" She heard a familiar voice say. Tammy, Rose thought. Oh no no no, I can't let her of all people see my like this! Rose settler to just keeping quiet, with the occasional sniffle. "Rose I know it's you, I can feel it." Tammy said. Rose kept sitting in the corner of the stall, trying to fight back tears. Tammy did something spontaneous; just another thing Rose liked about the girl. Tammy slid under the stall, and immediately was next to Rose's side, hugging her fiercely. "Rose, what's wrong?" She asked.

Tammy waited for Rose to stop crying enough so she could talk instead of saying unintelligible words. "Zoe, not my friend anymore because of something I can't control." Rose barely uttered out as she collapsed back into tears. Tammy held onto her tighter. "What do you mean she's not your friend anymore? We were all hanging out and stuff. And what do you mean something you can't control?" Rose stared right into Tammy's light blue eyes. "I like girls." Tammy looked shocked, but carried on, even though her eyes were slightly wide. "So? What's wrong with that? It's just the way someone lives," Tammy exclaimed. "I don't know. I texted Zoe, I needed to tell someone, but she started becoming really mad for me liking girls." "I'm so sorry Rose," Tammy exclaimed. "You don't deserve any of this. It's not your fault you like girls. None of this is your fault." Rose sniffled quietly, the two girls sat down, still hugging until they got up. The bell rang, and they were going to be late to class! Darn it! We're gonna be late! Rose thought in her mind.

The two girls got their books for history and booked it all the way into the classroom. The final bell just rang: they were there, and weren't tardy. Rose breathed a sigh of relief; she was glad she wasn't going to get into trouble. Today, Rose and Tammy sat together in classes. Rose usually sat with Zoe, but since Zoe was so angry with Rose, Zoe had decided to sit next to Emma. The teacher, Ms Tiffany was already in the classroom. "All right, class. Today, we will be learning about World War 2. Flip your books to page 293, you will read until page 299 about World War 2. Also, I will hand out worksheets that you and a partner can do together. If you don't want a partner, that's okay as well." She said as she started handing out papers. Tammy locked eyes with Rose and she nodded. Of course they would be partners today. She was so helpful. They started studying. Rose's heart rate started to go very fast, she felt like she was going to explode. Tammy's hand kept brushing hers, and she felt like she was on a high. But, soon enough class was over.

The two had finished the sheet just in time. "Okay everyone. Please turn in your sheets, and then you may leave." Ms Tiffany said. Everyone put their sheets on her desk and left. Tammy walked close to Rose in the hall, whispering jokes in her ear the whole time, and Rose had a hard time keeping the volume of her laughter down.

A/N: Hey, this is my 1st time writing a fanfic (unless you count Texting Story). Also, if you are someone who has experienced homophobia from friends or family, please remember you don't deserve it. You are cool, beautiful, and awesome. Also, Rose's POV will be in 3rd person and Tammy's will be in 1st person. Have a good day/night wherever you are reading this. Bye!