VII • BLOODLETTING

seven | saignée

Abattoir, Fight Night

Multiple dozens of local vampires, turned mostly by Marcel, have congregated in the courtyard of the compound, where they all talk amongst themselves and drink. After a moment, Marcel shows up on the top balcony.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Fight Night!" His audience cheer loudly in pure joy, "And, the first rule of Fight Night is: the vampire left standing at the end of the night is one step closer to the inner circle, and one of these--" He holds up the hand on which he wears his ring, "--a daylight ring. If you can impress me with a little ultra-violence, you too can enjoy the warmth of the sun on your face. All you got to do is kick a little ass. Here we go!"

All the vampires form a circle as they wait for the announcement of the first fighters by their strict leader, "Our first two contenders: Felicia and Otto!"

Felicia and Otto begin to fight violently while the rest of the local vampires cheer them on. At one point, it seems that Otto has the upper-hand, but ultimately Felicia wins the fight by wrapping her long legs around his neck and twisting her hips to break his neck and Marcel laughs slightly, amused.

"Damn, girl! Not bad!"

Suddenly, Elijah, Klaus and Monique enter the courtyard. Klaus walks behind Felicia and twists her neck broken; the whole room goes silent.

"Good evening! I'd like a word." The Original hybrid declared decisively.

The vampire leader above frowns, "What do you think you're doing?"

"It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs!"

The golden brunette looks up at the leader with a glare, "Where is she?" Considering Hayley was previously seen, alone, with only Marcel at home.

"Give the girl to us, or we kill everyone here...starting with you." Elijah said.

"You three got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands." Marcel remains to conceal how truly impressed he feels by their threats.

Niklaus fakes a smile for his own vampire step-son, "Your home, is it?"

"The girl! I will not ask again." The older Original demanded strictly.

Marcel scoffs in ridicule, tired by their presence, "I assume you're talking about Hayley? Yea high, dark hair, bitchy attitude? Who is she, anyway?"

"She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends." Monique proclaimed and folds her arms over her chest with attitude.

Marcel smirks at this, "How sentimental you are about me, you mean."