One More Time

A knock on the door woke up 'Virgil'. It had took a while for him to get used to the name but he eventually did. He felt wrong, using the name of his best friend, the one he had killed. Slipping on a pair of gloves that nullified his curse Virgil got up and headed towards the door, wiping his eyes. The transformation randomly gave his jolts of pain, telling him hes been in the form to long.

As he opened the door his heart broke as he was met with a teary eyed, sniffling Remus. He wore Deceits caplet around his shoulders and had clutched the stuffed snake Deceit used to sleep with before his 'death'. Virgil opened the door wider to let in Remus, who curled up on his bed. Virgil took a seat next to him and gentley stroked his hair as he whimpered.

Remus looked up at him after a while. "Can you please do it again? Just one more time." He requested. Virgil froze for a split second. He knew what Remus meant. Taking a deep breathe he nodded.

Virgil slightly flinched as he felt the scales grow back on his face and shoulder and his body slightly shrink. After a few seconds he opened his eyes. Remus gripped him in a bone crushing hug as he cried even harder onto his shoulder. Deceit rubbed his shoulder confortingly as he cried.

"I miss him so much." Remus whimpered after a few minutes. Deceit nodded. "I miss him too, 'Mus." Deceit told him, talking about Virgil. The two eventually fell asleep, Remus crying himself to sleep in Deceits arms.

As Remus wome up the next day he was slightly disappointed to see Virgil lying in bed next to him. He was hoping that it was all a terrible dream. One of the nightmares that plagued him everytime he closed his eyes. After a few seconds he slipped out of the anxious sides room, not noticing the lack of anxiety he felt dispite spending a couple hours there.

If you were to ask Deceit if he regretted living the rest of Thomas' life disguised as Virgil he would tell you no, and that was the truth. Virgil 'living' was better than him living. The future would have been darker without him but thats a story for another time...