(Veddie) I've Got You

This Drabble contains fluff and mentions of Mental illness~

Outside, the moon hung both high and full. Below it blared the familiar toll of New York city. Usually the city clamor would be enough to lull him to sleep, but even as the ghastly rays of the milky-white moonlight filtered through his blinds, reminding him of the time- Eddie just couldn't fall asleep. 

For a while, insomnia seemed like something in the past. A thing that would stay in the past too. His break up with Anne had blown over nicely, now that he had a certain Symbiote taking up most of his time and making sure he took care of himself for both of their sakes. 

Venom. 

It was like his life that had been tossed off track had finally found its rails again. That is until he lost his footing again and started spiraling straight back into another shitty mindset. 

This time though, he couldn't pretend he was fine. Couldn't act like he didn't want to crawl out of his own skin and die. Not when there was an intergalactic life form surfing around in his body like a free search engine. Venom always knew what was up. And while Eddie tried to hide his feelings, especially from himself...Venom knew. He always did. 

And he always wanted to help.

"It's very late, Eddie." A small voice warned in his head. "You have to work in five hours." 

Eddie flipped over onto his back to stare up at the ceiling, numb to the feeling of Venom searching his body for any physical problems preventing him from sleeping tonight. Venom was as close to motherly as motherly could get.

"I know, love. I just can't sleep." Eddie murmured. "Don't worry. I can just get a coffee or two to survive until I'm able to catch up tomorrow night."

A strong wave of dubiety washed over Eddie instantly. Not from him, but from Venom who quickly turned into a small snake-like head from a bunch of tiny tendrils sprouting out of his chest. (He still wonders how he finds this endearing over freaking terrifying.) Somehow Venoms little face clearly read 'I dare you to put another one of those death drinks down our gullet.' 

Eddie frowned. "Hey. You make us eat human heads and burnt tater tots, yet I don't complain...not anymore."

With a hulking body, jagged sharp teeth and bottomless white eyes that stared intently back into Eddie's, Venom morphed into his regular facade. He didn't even flinch as the bulky figure grew an arm that reached out with clawed fingers to brush as many unruly curls out of Eddie's face before he spoke.

"I don't like how it makes you feel." Venom hissed. "Anne says it shouldn't be something you depend on, only sleep and me."

Eddie snorted. "I really doubt that last part came from Anne." His laughter became short lived after noticing Venom's scowl. He cleared his throat and shied away from those prying eyes. "What?"

"Eddie can share with me. Even if I already know. It helps to hear it from you." Venom leaned in to plant a kiss on Eddie's forehead, he smiled, sadly. "Your mind becomes jumbled when you get like this. Hard to understand. Anne informed me that you had a few...mental illnesses." 

Eddie opened his mouth, but Venom kept talking.

"I understand that this is something beyond what I can control. Past the chemistry. Anne says that all I can do is continue to be here for you. And that was already my plan." 

Eddie scoffed. "Thought you'd chalk it off as me being your favorite word- a Pussy." 

Venom shook his head. 

"Eddie will always be a pussy. But he is aloud to be sad. Allowed to feel. So stop trying to hide from me. It only makes it more obvious."

"Oh...sorry?"

Venom kisses his cheek.

"Love you Eddie."

"Love you to V. Thanks...for everything." 

Eddie flipped over on his side and smiled when a pair of arms began wrapping around his middle. Venom's face appeared beside his ear, nuzzling tenderly into the crook of his neck and whispering things that got harder and harder to understand as he lost himself to sleep. 

The last thing he heard though, was loud and clear.

"You're not alone Eddie. I've got you."