"Popular Choice Awards voting"

"Hello everyone!"

                           This story has been shortlisted for Wattpad Campus Superwriters 2020.

                          If you like it and would want this story to win in "Popular Choice Awards"

                                                                           in Non-fiction category,

                                                                        Please vote on this chapter,

                                                                                  Thank you!"

 "Hello, am I talking to Nehal?", a perturbed voice asked on the phone

"yes, its Nehal, who is it and why I am been called at 2 in the morning?", I replied rubbing my eyes in a drowsy tone.

"I am Harshvardhan, Vardhan is my father.....he... He attempted suicide and is out of danger but he can't stop taking your name, he asked me to call you. I am in Medicare hospital near mg road can you drop by?", the voice behind the phone blurted this information so fast it was hard for me to digest it in one go.

"woah, what the actually fuck man...I am coming", I hung the phone and headed out.

*******************************

"Hey... so you the asshole he committed suicide for?....you know what...whatever your name is...you are complete disgrace and I am disgusted at the sight of you...so just fucking tell me where is Vardhan!!!!!",I flipped him off and headed to the direction he pointed enraged and scared.

I wondered why Harshvardhan didn't reply to what I said and thought maybe he was ashamed of him. I opened the door and found Vardhan laying on the bed with his eyes wide open staring at the ceiling with drops of tear flooding from the side of his eyes.

"Hi there old man!!", I said thinking of things to tell him at this very moment. He looked at me with teary eyes and smiled, that one smile which tells you "look what I have done to myself". "hi bacha just wanted to see you", he hold my hand made me sit right beside his bed.

"So tell me why you did, what you did, and when did you my man become such a coward!!",I replied in a harsh tone. "I was frustrated that's it!!",he replied and turned his face away from my enraged gaze. "Frustrated huhhh bullshit! Vardhan look at me and just listen to what I am saying frustration, depression, failures and shit like these are valleys in the journey of life which everyone has to travel irrespective of what stage of life they are right now.. its sad that you have to experience this shit at this point of your life but there is no reason to take your life and there exists no such justification for it everything you hear is bullshit said by cowards who aren't strong enough to keep going. You are the wise man I looked upto for advice and now seeing you lying on that bed makes me sad very sad, do you understand?", I paused for a second and continued," I know I am being extremely harsh towards you but let me tell you the reason you ended up here it is because of you. It is because you trusted that fucker son of yours so much so that you gave him your property. I mean you are living in the 21st century and you gave him the money you worked for your entire life. It is something nobody does this generation literally kills there parents if they didn't buy them smartphones and you took such a stupid step. Life is not hum saath saath hain , it's baghban my friend..people ditch you even if you gave your life for them", my eyes where red and fiery. Vardhan looked at me as if something just stuck him real hard and I suppose it was realisation. " maybe you are right I am the big fool but what can I do now, I do not have the power to take back my possessions and I definitely don't have the time...I am old helpless man", Vardhan said with low tone. "Now here is difference between your generation and mine...you all surrender and adjust with your problems and we don't we conquer and take revenge....and I am not going to let you do it. Lets take revenge and I am not telling you about a fist fight but a legit revenge which includes suits being filed, cases, lawyers court and all the scary stuff"

"You are right, lets do it", Vardhan and I smiled at each other now this was the smile of destruction, the one which tells you "the game is on". Harshvardhan entered the ward we both looked at him and smiled.."THE GAME IS ON BUDDY".