1. Party.

Max sat backstage, flicking through another tabloid that was claiming he was in a poly relationship with his friend Alex and his boyfriend Keanu. Max had shown the tabloid to Alex a few days previously and they'd had a good chuckle over it. 

He could hear Jaskier's set from where he sat, the man a much more indie sound than Max's pop sound but the two were friends and it was always a pleasure to tour with Jaskier. The mans endless energy was contagious and so Max enjoyed having him around. 

A stagehand poked their head through the door, alerting Max to the twenty minute mark to start getting ready which he did grudgingly, applying his stage makeup and getting into his stage outfit. It seeming like no time before Jaskier was in the room, breathless and glistening with sweat. 

"Your turn" Jaskier said with a grin and Max smiled at the man as he walked over to grab a bottle of water, 

"You coming to the after party? I have a few friends coming" 

"I'll see" Max said lightly though both men knew that 'I'll see' meant yes and so Jaskier grinned and gulped down water as Max went out to play his set. 

The set went fine with next to no issues. Max sang his songs, told his jokes between songs and danced however he saw fit. Very tired afterwards however too energized to head back to the hotel to sleep and so when Jaskier asked if he was ready to head to the party, Max agreed. 

The party was pretty much already in full swing once they got there, Jaskier apparently seeing his friends as he dragged Max over to a corner where there was two people. 

One of them was a woman. Dark clothing and red lips with what looked like purple contacts in her eyes, she was rather pretty even though Max didn't really swing that way. 

It was the second person who really caught his attention. 

He was tall and broad, with silvery hair that went down to his shoulders. Wearing a leather jacket and dark jeans, the man oddly enough looked like he had yellow eyes. Perhaps those were contacts as well. 

Either way, the man was absolutely gorgeous. 

"Max this is Geralt and Yennefer" Jaskier said, gesturing to his two friends, the woman waving while the man just stared at Max who awkwardly waved as well, 

"Hello, its nice to meet you two" 

"Nice to meet you too Max, Jaskier's told us a lot about you" Yennefer said, smiling a little at Max who smiled a little, "I hope good things". 

With that, Yen, Jaskier and Max started talking. Geralt staring at Max the whole time which made him a smidge uncomfortable. Very grateful when Yen asked the man to go get drinks for everyone with her. 

When the two walked away, Jaskier turned to Max, "He's always like that, Geralt" 

"What? You mean dark, brooding and creepy?" 

"Yea pretty much" Jaskier sighed, thanking Yen when she came back with a white claw for him, Geralt holding out a drink for Max who took it with a thanks, Geralt's lip twitching before he resumed leaning against the wall. 

Max wondered what the hell was up with Geralt.