𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞!

THE LAST DAY STARTED OFF as usual as ever; shaughna, paige and siânnise all went to wake eden up from the day bed outside and the boys were still fast asleep

THE LAST DAY STARTED OFF as usual as ever; shaughna, paige and siânnise all went to wake eden up from the day bed outside and the boys were still fast asleep. but, as the day went on, it was obvious something was going on. shaughna and paige were definitely not their usual perky selves and frankly it concerned eden.

"is everything okay?" the blonde asked her two best friends with a small smile.

"yeah? why wouldn't it be?" shaughna responded weakly. her eyes were red raw from crying and she had no makeup on which was very unlike her.

"seriously, what's up?" shaughna took a deep breath before looking at paige and almost bursting into tears.

paige sighed. "she thinks callum's going to leave her." realisation hit eden like a truck and she moved forward to hug shaughna as she sobbed into her shoulder.

"that's ridiculous!" she exclaimed. truthfully, she didn't know if she trusted callum. but things were going very well before they left and she just had to have a bit of faith that he would be loyal to her and if he wasn't then he was at least respectful. everybody knew how much she enjoyed callum's company and longed for his presence and it was such a shame that she has to fall for such an immature boy.

"i know what's going on over there- i'm not stupid. i just hope it won't happen," she cried. "i'm going to be so embarrassed." the two girls attempted to comfort her but nothing seemed to be working. even if callum brought back a girl then at least she'd have the clarity she deserved. however sitting in the main villa without the boys and not knowing what was going on was killing all of them.

"i totally understand where shaughna's coming from, but at the end of the day if he doesn't want you then he's not the right person for you." eden shook her head sympathetically.

"look, even if callum recouples," shaughna winced. "then at least you know he's a cheating prick who doesn't deserve you, okay?" said eden slowly. the teary-eyed girl in front of her just nodded her head and wiped her eyes. "let's go get you dressed. i'm sure today's going to be a big day."

∞༺♥༻✧

luke crawled out of bed, giving natalia a quick smile before heading down to the boys' dressing rooms to get changed for the day. after the night before he felt more certain of his feelings for eden than ever and that only increased when callum shouted those dreaded four words at the top of his lungs.

"i've got a text!" they hadn't received a text in a while so they knew it couldn't be good. "boys, tonight, there will be a recoupling in which you must decide whether you want to remain coupled up with your partner back in the villa or recouple with one of the new girls. #stickortwist #trustinyoursauce." he read out, causing the islanders to all gasp.

most of the boys were decided on what they were going to do but there was still a few doubts in nas' mind about whether he should choose demi or eva and he made that clear.

"the thought of seeing eden again makes me really excited. i can't wait to see her and hug her and kiss her- if she hasn't recoupled." luke m let out a small nervous laugh. "but i trust her."

both luke's, however, were set on their girls and they knew they would be from the very beginning. they exchanged excited glances as callum read out the text and high fived each other. today was the last day. they'd see eden and siânnise that very day. they couldn't wait.

∞༺♥༻✧

"i've got a text!" siânnise announced. there was a small commotion before a wave of silence washed over the islanders as they waited anxiously for her to read out the message. "i absolutely can't cope!"

they laughed. "oh fuck." eden mumbled slowly. alexi noticed her discomfort and stroked her back gently, and she beamed at him weakly before turning back to siânnise.

"girls, tonight, there will be a recoupling in which you must decide whether to remain coupled up with your boy who has been living in casa amor, or recouple with one of the new boys. #stickortwist #gowithyourgut."

eden buried her face in her hands once the brunette had finished reading the text. she would see luke tonight. this was the last day, the last day she had to prove that her and luke did have something real and it wasn't all in her head. alexi grinned at her and wrapped his arms around her, making her squeal into his shoulder.

there was worries clouding her mind, of course, but it was nothing compared to the great amounts of compassion she felt towards luke. it was the last day without him, and she knew once it was over she wouldn't ever let him go.

alexi had quickly grown to be one of her best friends in the villa and, although she was excited for the boys to come back, she wasn't looking forward to saying goodbye to him. both of them knew there was no romantic connection between them but eden wished she could recouple with him purely based off the fact that she was going to miss him deeply.

"i really don't want alexi to go but at the same time i just want to see luke again. it's hard."

but those instant moments of sorrow for him soon turned into sheet exhilaration as she and paige ran over to each other and embraced each other fondly. shaughna sat and watched them jealously. she knew full well what callum was doing yet she couldn't bring herself to believe it. there was a flicker of hope, and she only hoped he would come back loyal and keep the flame burning.

NEXT TIME ON LOVE ISLAND !

hearts are broken !

"i just felt like i had a better connection with her."

as all is revealed !

"but has he stayed loyal to you?"

and it's the end...

"i don't have much faith."

of casa amor !

"i missed you so much."