A Mole and a Goat

The day was warm and lively—people were bustling to and fro, filling spaces with all types of chatter.

During all the hustle and bustle, two men were seated across from each other at a table outside of a café. Their hands were intertwined as they spoke to each other. It had been their first day off in a while, and they couldn't have thought of a better way to spend it than with each other.

"This is nice," Jean Paul spoke quietly, not wanting to disrupt the calm atmosphere.

"Sí," Antonio nodded in agreement, gently squeezing his boyfriend's hand, "I actually have a gift for you," he couldn't help the wide grin on his face and the love that filled his eyes.

"I was wondering what that bag was about," the Frenchman replied, glancing towards the black backpack at Antonio's feet, "You didn't have to get me anything," he couldn't help feel bad that he wasn't able to return the favor.

"Of course I did," Antonio smiled fondly, letting go of his hand and shifting in his seat to grab the backpack he had brought with him, pulling out a stuffed animal, "Here," he gently placed the small goat in front of Jean Paul, "It's not much, but..." he suddenly grew embarrassed, shifting his gaze, face flushing, "When I saw it, I thought of you..."

Jean Paul smiled softly, taking the stuffed goat, "Thank you," he grabbed Antonio's hand, raising it to his lips and placing a gentle kiss on the back of it.

Antonio returned the smile, face still red.