Moments

Narrative: As Peter and Michelle's relationship continues to blossom and develop, they reflect back and cherish the moments they have.

Takes place after FFH; No Mysterio revealing Peter's secret.

___________________

You would think that due to her nature of interest for the macabre aspects of life, Michelle Jones would be a night fanatic. But in actuality, Michelle adored the early morning light.

She loved the cool morning breeze weaving through her unruly hair. As well as the way the sun rose from its horizon line. It was sort of a wake up call, and once the sun was visible from its peak, the whole city awakened. Ready and hopeful for a new day.

But she mostly enjoyed the few minutes before. Where nothing occurred but the wind and birds calling upon the sky. And the whole of Queens, New York still laid in its slumber.

Meanwhile, swinging by not too far, Spider-Man was doing his early morning patrol. A natural habit for the hero. Although it had been different. There was no morning mayhem currently, so he thought he might as well just view the city.

As he scanned around one last time for any trouble in sight, he noticed a familiar girl sitting on the ledge of an even more familiar apartment building. Peter smiled swinging his way towards her. When he landed, he took a spot next to the female. Michelle spotted him immediately and greeted him with one of her rare smiles.

"Hey stranger, having a good day?" She knew he was joking, but she rolled her eyes anyways. "Technically it hasn't even begun, but I was... till you showed up," she retorted in a similar manner. "Wooowwww," he guffawed, "You wanna say that again?" He pulled her in close, tickling her.

She let out a soft laugh not really putting effort into shoving him off. They both calmed from their teasing and laughter with Peter still holding her. "No, but seriously what are you doing up here. This height is pretty dangerous," he warned pointing down to the ledge they were sat on.

"I think I've gotten used to it by now," she recalled all of the times they've swung around New York. "Oh, so then you don't mind joining me for a morning swing?" He received a glare in turn for his teasing and laughed putting his hands up in surrender.

"It's just peaceful at this time. That's all," she began to respond. He nodded. For she was right. This was peaceful. Just sitting there with her, admiring life and everything it had in store.

oOo

The system of nerves within Michelle's body were overloading as she writhed in anxiousness trying to process all of what she needed to remember.

It was once again the nationals for Midtown High's Decathlon team, and the newly appointed captain had to be prepared and set a good example for the rest of her peers. However, Michelle was too nervous. Her brain creating all the different scenarios of how she could ultimately fail and disappoint them.

And she would have stayed in her current state, tapping away at the pencil in her hand until it broke at the gradually increased pressure, yet Peter Parker had somehow materialized at her side, feeling her uneasiness.

"Hey, hey," he said soothingly as he placed his hands on the sides of her arm to calm her, "Don't psyche yourself out. You'll do great." He assured her, taking his place in front of her and caressing her face gently.