Prologue

The desire to be a psychiatrist brought her there

But to her, fate had been unfair

Caught in the middle of a murder case only she had a clue

Making her life confusing, stressful and blue

Will her interactions with the insane make her the same?

Or will she be able to keep herself sane?

With her friends' lives on the line, will she be able to save them?

With these neverending problems, theories and clues, will she be able to solve them?

•••••

"I killed that old man because I want to, and that's it! I killed him just for fun. Nothing more, nothing less." She said in a sing-song tone as she smiled at me, showing her crooked yellow teeth.

I furrowed my brows in suspicion and averted my gaze to the file in my hand. I let my fingers brush against the pages, repeating her statement in my head like a broken record."I planned it all. I hate him. He won't listen to me. I told him too many times, but he won't believe me..."  I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Something's not right, I can feel it." I gritted my teeth as I opened my eyes, staring at her statement. "The truth isn't always the whole truth. It might just be the tip of the iceberg, not the bottom.I thought to myself as I bit my lower lip, thinking long and hard. 

A gasp escaped my lips as I realized something. I quickly lifted my head and looked at her suspiciously. "What do you mean by 'I told him too many times, but he won't believe me'?" I looked at her intently, watching her became stiff. "What are you telling him?" I asked, my eyes fixated on hers, watching her every movement. 

I started to absentmindedly play with my pen as suspicions continued to fill my mind.

"Are there any connections between that statement and Mr. Vurmingham's death?" I closed my eyes as I tried to shake the thought out of my head, but I just can't. After all, guessing is important in everything, even in science. A hypothesis is an intelligent guess formulated to complete the scientific method--- Wait, why am I thinking of this right now?  

I blinked rapidly as I came back to my senses. "There must be another reason. She can't kill him just for fun." I thought to myself as a small smile slowly crept on my face.