A Terrible Tragedy

So... this is my first story.  I really enjoy writing and creating stories for other people.  I know this intro is super lame but I hope you enjoy the story!  Also please feel free to comment any mistakes I may have made throughout the story. 

-MyComputersDead
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3:07 p.m.  At an appartment building

"YOUNG MAN!  YOUNG MAN STAY BACK!"  All Might, the number one hero, yelled. 

Toshinori Yagi
Pro Hero:  All Might
Quirk: One For All
One for all is a quirk that is passed down from one generation to the next, each holder cultivates and grows the quirk for the next generation of  heroes
*(sorry, I couldn't find the quirk descriptions for any of the characters, trust me I tried)*

There was a large appartment building engulfed by raging blue fire.  An eight year old Izuku Midoriya ran towards the inferno, throwing his schoolbag aside.  Just before he could reach the  burning building, a thin white cloth wrapped around his body. 
"LET ME GO!  PLEASE, MY MOTHER'S IN THERE!  LET ME GO!"  He was thrust back, away from the flames, into the pro hero Eraserhead's arms. 

Shota Aizawa
Pro Hero: Eraserhead
Quirk:  Erasure
He can temporarily remove a person's quirk as long as he can see them. 

The small boy fought and kicked with all  his might, screaming for his trapped mother the entire time. 

3:49 p.m.  The same place

When the firefighters finally showed up the fire was nearly extinguished except for the top floor, which happened to be where the Miydoria family appartment was located.  Up on that top floor a single window flew open.  "IZUKU!" Called a woman,  she looked frantic.  Tears fell from her face as she called again, "IZUKU!"  The young boy, who was still being restrained by Eraserhead, looked up to see his mother shouting at him.  "I LOVE YOU, BABY!  I LOVE YOU!"  His tears were steaming even faster now.  The woman's frantic shouts caught Eraserhead off guard and he unconciously loosened his grip on the child for a split second.  That was all Izuku needed, in that instant he sprinted forward, desperately trying to the building.  Right before he reached it, the entire building exploded, throwing the 8 year old back with so much force that he lost conciousness. 

9:45 a.m. Two days later in a hospital

The room was brightly lit, and the predominant color was white.  A man with long, black hair and a dark, tattered bodysuit sat over a hospital bed, next to him was a heartrate monitor.  It kept a slow steady pace with its high-pitched beeps.  Slowly the boy attached to the machine opened his eyes, looking dazed.  Eraserhead jumped out of his seat and ran to the hall yelling for a nurse.  When he looked back over to the boy his expression was completely different.  The young boy now looked utterly horrified.  Eraserhead slowly made his way over to the boy, being sure not to startle him.  "Young man, do you think you could tell me your name?"
"I-Izuku.  Izuku Mi-Midoriya."
"Do you remember what happened to you?"
The boy began to shake as tears welled up in his eyes.  "There was a f-fire," his tears began falling, "I was walking h-home and I saw t-the f-fire.  I tried to save my mo-"  His eyes suddenly filled with concern and terror.  "My mommy?  Where is she?" His meak voice grew louder and more frantic, "Where's my mommy?  WHERE IS SHE?"  His face was now soaked in tears. 
The doctors ran to the room, hearing the comotion but stopped in the doorway at the sight of the fragile boy.  Eraserhead came closer to the young child and pulled him into his chest, he did his best to keep his composure as he told the boy, "I'm so sorry Izuku, your mother, she didn't make it out of the building."  He felt the boy shatter in his arms, his sobs ceased.  He just sat there, limp, in the man's arms. 
"I'm so sorry."  Eraserhead fought down his feelings as he pulled the shattered boy closer to his chest, trying his best to comfort him.  After a long moment he let the boy go and asked, "Do you have any other relatives Izuku?"
"No."
"What about your father?"  Eraserhead was slightly concerned.  Surely the boy had a father, right?
"He left, I don't know him."  There was no emotion left in Izuku's voice.  He sounded so crushed, so emotionally numb.  'No child should ever sound like this' Eraserhead thought to himself.  'Not at this age.  He may never recover from this,  I don't know of anyone who could.'
"I'm sorry to hear that."  'They didn't teach us how to do this in school.  I don't know how I'm supposed to break this to the kid.'  "Izuku, are you sure that you have absolutely no way to contact your father?"  He nodded.  "Then you'll be put into the fostercare system.  Do you know what that is?"  He nodded again, still looking numb.  "Ok, there will be a caseworker that will help you find a foster family.  They'll take care of you.  If you ever need anything, please call me, ok?"  He handed Izuku a rectangullar piece of cardstock paper that read:
Eraserhead: Pro Hero
(712)194-9846
*(this is not a real phone number to my knowledge, please don't try to contact it)*
"Ok," Izuku nodded. 
With that he walked out the door, pausing only once to look at the broken child.  'Until we meet again Izuku Midoriya.'  Once he left Izuku was rushed by a group of frantic doctors eager to check his vitals and pump him full of medication. 

5:23p.m. The same place. 

There was a small timid knock at the door.  Izuku looked up from his cracked phone that had been recovered from his schoolbag.  There was a young woman, no older than 29, standing in the doorway of his hospital room.  "May I come in?" She asked meakly.  He nodded.  "My name is Ichika Yamamoto.  I'm your caseworker.  I'm here to help you find a foster family.  Is it ok if I ask you a few questions?"
"Sure."
The small woman took a seat next to his bed and pulled out a clipboard.  "Lets start with your full name, ok?"
"Ok," he agreed, "My name is Izuku Midoriya."
She quickly marked this down, being sure to have Izuku tell her how to spell it at least seven times in the process.  "How old are you Izuku?"
"Eight years old ma'am"
She scribbled this down and then asked, "Izuku, what is your quirk?"
His face turned bright red as he looked down at his white bedsheets, nervously fingering the hem of his hospital gown.  "I don't have one."
"Oh, I see."  She scribbled down more notes on her clipboard.  Izuku wandered what she could possibly be writing.  "One more question, what school do you attend?"
"Masegaki Primary School"
"Ok, thank you for being so cooperative with me today Izuku.  I know you're dealing with something very dificult.  I'll see you very soon, as soon as I find the right foster family for you." 
"Thank you."  Izuku waved to her as she walked out. 

Izuku hated the word quirkless.  It was like a label pasted to his back.  No matter how hard he tried, he could never remove it.  It followed him evereywhere.  It seemed to tell people 'Hey! I'm an easy target! Come pick on me!'  He hated it.  His classmates, like Kacchan, had cool flashy quirks.  What did he have?  Nothing.  He had never belived that more than he did right now.  He just lost everything he owned, and his mother.  What could he even do?  Nothing.  It was his fault that his mother died in that inferno,  if he had just had a quirk he could have saved her.  But he couldn't.  Kacchan was right, he really was just a stupid little Deku.  He wasn't even that.  He was nothing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats it for the first chapter!  I know it's kind of short but I think this is the length that most of my chapters will be.  I'll also try to post once or twice a week.  Until next time.

Go Beyond!  Plus Ultra!