Chapter 1

***Yauna's POV***

I was so angry when I found out that we were moving. We were moving to Colorado. My parents said that they were sick of living in Alabama, and that it would give me a "new start in life" and that the schools were way better there, oh goody harder schools can't wait for that.

On the day of the move, I went to look around the empty house that would hold my old life in it. I walked into the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror, my long black hair, my big green eyes, my seven tattoos, my light brown skin, my nose piercing, my PINK shirt on with one of my flannels hanging on my waist, and the scar under my left eye. This was the girl I became.

We were finally there. The apartment was small, it was only 4 stories high, and it had obviously been here a long time. There were spray-paintings everywhere, to be honest, I kinda wish I could have been there, it looked like it would have been fun spray-painting the walls. My parents shared a glance, and at the same time they said

"Welcome to your new home!"

I rolled my eyes at them with a smile, and walked off into the building and went to the clerk.

"Welcome to Glenwood Springs Apartments! How may I help you?" she said cheerfully.

"Hi, I'm looking for room 302," I replied with a half-smile.

"Oh sure, that would be on the 3rd floor 2nd door on your right. You must be the Wilson's daughter. I'm Dianna." She reached her hand out to shake mine.

"I'm Yauna."

With her other hand, she gave me the keys to my room. After a short conversation about the move, I went up to see my small one-bedroom apartment since my parents got me a separate one. I put my backpack, duffle, and luggage on a chair in my bedroom, well except for my luggage, I left that on the floor.

Then I went to my parents' room to let them know that I was going to take a walk around town. I grabbed my phone and jacket and left. While I was walking I noticed a trail so I followed it. The trail led to a big barn, and there were people horseback riding. It looked so fun I kept walking and ignored the No trespassing sign to my right. I sat on a fence to watch them, they were training.

"Never seen you around here, ya new?" a short girl behind me said. She had short curly dirty blond hair, she looked around 17, she was wearing overalls with a plain purple shirt, and she had a cigarette in her hand.

"Yeah," I said back.

As I turned towards her she said: "Whew, what happened there?" She pointed at my scar with the cigarette, and I winced at the burning flame.

"House Fire."

"Did anyone die?" I made an angry glare at her and resisted the urge to punch her for asking a question like that.

"Little sis."

" I'm so sorry. I'm Victoria by the way but you can call me Vic or Vicky."

" Yauna," I said. After that, she left, and I stood there watching the people groom and ride the horses.

Then a few weeks later I went back, but this time I went through the front part (after I found it.) The building looked like it had three stories, who would need that much room for a horse camp? There was a glass chandelier on the ceiling. There was a man doing paperwork at a large desk. The walls were a light brown, and really shiny.

"Hi." He glared at me.

"And who are you?" Not the kind of reply I was looking for.

" I'm Yauna, I was just wondering if I could check the place out."