One Knock

Harry has done it. He had really done it, he had defeated Voldemort, he was gone!

Harry was still standing in the centre of the Grand Hall as Draco started to slowly walk towards his distress boyfriend. Draco was slowing gaining speed as Harry's head rises and he catches Draco's eye, he gives him a watery smile and with a loud crack, he apparates away.

~

In Rennes, France Draco lives in a muggle apartment and he's lived there for 5 years now. He didn't get charged for any war crimes because Granger, Weasley and Professor McGonagall all defended him during his trials, when the trial was over McGonagall gave him a tight lipped nod, Granger gave him a hug and Weasley gave him a strong hand shake and said "How would Harry be able to find you if you're in prison?" It took all of Draco's self control not to break down at the moment.

When a knock came at his door, Draco wasn't surprised, he had made a few friends while he's been in France and Pansy and Blaise would come to visit sometimes. But Draco opened the door and saw a man with a strong build, messy black hair and the greenest eyes. Draco spun around and slammed the door in the mans face.

There was another knock and another and another. So Draco walk over to the door, slid the chain on and opened the door far enough so just right eye could see through the crack.

"Draco," the name was called softly as if he said it too loud, a spell would be broken.

"Je suis désolé monsieur, personne nommé Draco ne vit ici"(I'm sorry sir, no one named Draco lives here.) Draco spoke with perfect French and tried so hard to keep his voice from wavering.

"Draco, please, I know it's you, just let me talk to you." The same hushed voice as before, it sounded like it would if speaking to scared child.

Draco didn't want to be treated like a child so he closed the door, took off the chain and swung the door open. He looked up at the man who wasn't much taller but still was. This stranger looked him with unreadable eyes, but that didn't fool Draco.

"Draco" again it was said as though it was precious to the man.

"No! You can't do this to me now. You think you can show up after years of nothing? You think you can just show up and say you miss me and you want me to come back? I put my entire life on hold for you and you? You didn't do the same, so don't come back and command me to do something that I have been wanting to do for years. Don't try break down the walls I tried so hard to build up. After you left, I couldn't even think because I didn't want to give my brain a chance to remind me of you. So you can turn around, get in your no doubt expensive car and drive your sorry ass back to where you hide for 7 years!" By the time Draco had finished his speech, he had tears streaming down his cheeks but Draco didn't care, all he cared about now is the shock on the strangers face.

Draco wipes his eyes and dried his face and looks into those green eyes he once knew. Drawing a deep breath and began to shut the door.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you sir but I have to go." Draco spoke just before the door had completely shut but when he had managed to close the door on the other man, a new wave of tears washed over him. He turned around and lent against the door, Draco's knees buckled under him and he slid to the floor.

After what felt like hours, Draco managed to pick himself up like he had all those years ago and calmly walked to him bedroom and collapsed on his single bed. Snuggling into his blankets, Draco just wished the world to go away, at least just for the night, so he could think with distractions for once. But Draco doesn't alway get what he wants. As sleep was slowly tightening its grip around him, that's when memories would start rushing back. These memories were the ones that Draco had spent so long trying to repress them, he had almost forgotten about them.