Stuck

The midnight sky and the full moon, brown hair strands whispering through the wind. A blur of dark green trees passing her vision, the wet mud gushing in her worn tennis shoes as she ran across a flat field into another patch of forest. It would be beautiful if she wasn't running away from her kidnapper.

She doesn't know what day it is but it feels like years, her matted hair filled with dirt and mulch and dead grass. Her puffs of breath come out as a cloud in the cold night, she shivered as she ran into an open road she stopped to catch her breath when she heard a loud honk. A car slammed into her body, she felt her already broken bones shatter as her body slammed against the cold pavement. She heard someone scream before she blacked out.

The first thing she noticed was the smell, it smelled like......she couldn't put a finger on it. She slowly opened her eyes and was met with a bright white light, her eyes burned from the sensation of the light. She blinked a few times finally opening her eyes her red tired eyes scanned the area to find the room empty to her right was a heart monitor beeping at a steady pace. Her heart raced as she tried to move her arm to find it chained to the bed, she panicked as she tried to free her hands as she yanked on the handcuffs. The heart monitor started beeping at a fast pace, 2 nurses ran in the room rushing to her. She screamed as she tried to leave the bed.

"Let me go! Stop touching me!!" The nurses looked at each other confused they weren't even near her. Is she that traumatized?

"Melissa please calm down. We're not here to hurt you." One of the female nurses said calmly. The patient looked at her confused.

"My name isn't Melissa. It's Farrah I've been kidnapped I don't know how long but I was in the middle of the woods." She explained quickly. Her air caught in her throat when she saw the police officer walks in the room. The face looked familiar, too familiar.

"Hi, ma'am my name is officer Washington I'm here to take you home. Your parents will love to see you." The officer said with a smile, she felt like he didn't mean it. Looking over his neat suit and the shiny badge making her feel even more unnerved.

"What? I- what is today's date?" She asked looking around trying to find a calendar or any sigh of today's date.

"It's December 12, 2019 ma'am. You've been missing for 4 years." The male nurse said to her hiding a sedative behind his back just in case he had to use it.

"What?" The young patient asked confused. 4 years? Has it been that long?

"Yes, it has. Your parents want me to take you home." Officer Washington insisted, grabbing Ferra's hand pulling her up from the hospital bed and into the wheelchair. The nurses looked at him confused but didn't question. Ferra glanced at the nurses as he wheeled her past them.

"Why are you taking me home? Shouldn't my parents be here?" Ferra asked shakingly, brushing her dirty hair out her eye. The officer stopped in the middle of the deserted hallway and walked around the wheelchair facing her.

"No they are not coming they asked me to take you." He said with an annoyed tone, Ferra was about to say something but the look in his eyes made her shut her mouth. She just nodded. He went back and began pushing her down the hallway to the entrance of the hospital. They got in the cruiser and drove back to her house, the road they took looked familiar to her, too familiar. She turned her head to the officer's direction.

"Where are we going?" She asked confused as the scene around her transformed from homes and cot lights to a dark dirt road. The officer handed her a bottle of water,

"Here this should help your throat." She opened the bottle and drank the contents. Not knowing that the water was filled with an animal tranquilizer, her eyes slowly rolled to the back of her head making her pass out. The driver smiled she was going to have try again.... For the 175th time. He chuckled darkly as he crossed the state line. This was going to be fun, he was going to let her heal then cut her loose and see if she can die but not by his hands. He liked seeing her get her hopes up then to be back in the same situation she was in. She will be forever stuck.