Take memories, leave footprints

Thinking of traveling to Ecuador with your kids? With friendly locals, volcanoes, hummingbirds, condors, Amazon rainforest, wildlife, waterfalls and... chocolate, Ecuador is a great family destination! Ecuador is one of the most environmentally diverse countries in the world, and it has contributed notably to the environmental sciences. This small country boasts four highly varied ecosystems for travelers to explore: the sandy beaches of the Pacific coast, the snowcapped mountains of the Andes, the tropical rainforest of the Amazon and the natural wealth of the Galapagos Islands. Volcanoes, waterfalls, Amazon rainforest, colorful markets, friendly locals, preserved traditions and UNESCO World Heritage cities, Ecuador might be small, but it has it all!

Adventure travel is more than a vacation. It's a chance to get to know your world better by putting yourself on a first-name basis with the people, places, and things that make it worth exploring. This is your planet. Come and get it.

Travelling from Quito airport has never been more convenient with Quito airport taxi. You can easily go to your desired destination without any hassle. The taxi fares are cheap and reasonable.

Enjoy the all-inclusive Quito to Banos tour, Banos is a wonderful place known in the world for its cozy atmosphere and subtropic weather. The perfect place for travelers who just want to relax or want to combine it with adventure.

From ancient times, indigenious, colonizers and friars, bathed in its medicinal waters that flow from the interior of the earth, making it rich of volcanic minerals, this activity gave rise to its name Banos de Agua Santa.

The majestic Papallacta tour is only two hours away from Quito and it offers a scenic trip with the chance to see the Antisana volcano, red fox, deer or even Andean goggle bears and cross the highest point between the Sierra and the Amazonian Region. The Antisana consists of two generations of large volcanic structures, which are genrally referred to as older volcano and younger cone. The older volcano edifice covers around two-thirds of the entire Antisana complex and is mostly composed of various lava flows, pyroclastic flows and volcanic breccia deposits. This structure was eroded by glacial action. There were 2 big explosions at the older volcano which actually led to the formation of craters along the Southern and Eastern parts. The north-west edge of Antisana forms the cone structure and is called the younger volcano. It covers the remaining one-third of the Antisana complex.

The cloud forest Ecuador is renowned for the number of birds that have made this habitat there home.

The birds of Ecuador are so colourful they're a joy to watch. In this small area, there have been over 500 hundred species recorded and spotting Mindo birds such as toucans and hummingbirds is one of the highlights of any visit. The hummingbirds adore the sugar water in the feeders, and they flit by you so close you can almost touch them. These intriguing birds were high on my list to see, and you cannot miss them in Mindo. They are fascinating to watch, and their brightly coloured blue and green plumage is stunning.

If you're serious about seeing any kind of tropical bird and the best birds in Mindo, we would recommend that you book yourself on a birding Ecuador tour with mindo bird tours.

Our guides are bilingual and native to the region and meet our high standards for local knowledge, communication, and excellent customer service.

With our Mindo cloud forest tour enter the Cloud Forest, a mysterious world veiled in mist. Witness the breath-taking mountain views surrounded by diverse vegetation and hidden floral gems. And learn about rare plants and their fast-disappearing environment.