The Boy with the Emerald Eyes

Xander looked down at the small book he carried with him and felt unwanted. The book contained a very important aspect of his life. His father. When people asked him about the book he explained it was just something he was reading. The only people who knew the truth were him, and his best friend, Myra Young. As he walked over to the window which reflected his crowded surroundings he thought about how he always loved the small town of West Sonswith and it's crowded streets. He watched how families walked down the streets holding hands, something he had never experienced. The man who he had always claimed as his father, Samule, had divorced his mother just this last year, and told Xander that he wasn't his real father. When Xander confronted his mother about it she had handed him this book. He hadn't opened it yet. He was of what this book might contain about who his father really was.

The next morning he woke up to a very quiet house, which was very unusual since his mother liked to take in lots of foster children. As he walked through the house he noticed his mother had left a note on the doorway of the kitchen. The note read:

"Xander, my oldest, please understand that I did not leave you because I wanted to. I left because the children were in danger of you. I need you to open that book so you can understand what I mean by danger. The book will explain why your eyes are such a beautiful emerald green, and the reason I hid your real father from you. I love you son.
Your mother,
Sarah Mikeals"

He stood there until his legs felt like they were going to collapse underneath his body. He collected his emotions and walked over to the phone on the wall next to the refrigerator. He picked up the phone and dialed Myra's phone number. He asked her to meet him in their secret spot in the woods behind the old abandoned grocery store. He ran out of the house and down the road as fast as he could. He was running so blindly he didn't realize he had passed the abandoned store and was nearly at the river. Once he had reached the river his limbs hurt so badly he collapsed at the edge of the water. He sat up and looked at his reflection in the water, and jumped up out of shock, completely ignoring the pain in his limbs. His emerald green eyes seemed to be glowing. Backing away from the river he tripped over a rock, but he didn't hit the ground. He opened his eyes, and realized that he was about an inch above the ground. He looked around him, and there was no one there. He started thinking that Myra was going to be at their secret spot anytime. He then hit the ground so hard that it knocked the wind out of him. Getting up and brushing the dirt off himself, he started walking back toward where he was supposed to be. Once he got to their spot Myra was waiting in the small clearing. He explained to her what had happened. They walked over to two stumps near the clearing, sitting down he opened the book. The book stated that his father was Atlas. Atlas was a god who contained the power of omnikinesis. He had ten children all of which were named except one, a son who contained the power of gyrokinesis, the power to control gravitational pull. That had to be him. He kept reading about his father, and his newly found power. It stated; to gain full control of said power all the children must first be together to use their powers to summon Atlas. Only then could they have full control over their powers. How was he supposed to find his siblings? He looked over to Myra and she walked over to the middle of the clearing. She then told him she was Isla, daughter of Atlas, who contained the power of aerokinesis.She explained to him that she was told only his mother could tell him the truth. She explained that the rest of their siblings were waiting in a small town in Ireland called Framtry. They were going to travel by boat to get there. That night Xander packed all of his necessities and went to bed for the night, for they were to start traveling at dawn.

After waking up and not being able to go back to sleep he got up showered, ate breakfast, and made sure he had everything he could possibly need. About an hour before they were supposed to leave he started toward their secret spot. Once there he sat and waited for her to show up he tried to mess with his powers some. He heard what sounded like two people coming down the backroad. It was Isla she had two bicycles and told him they were to leave at once. They travelled for hours before reaching the boat. Once on the boat they then had to travel many more hours. Arriving at Framtry they got back on their bikes and rode towards the motel where their siblings were staying. After arriving everyone was introduced to Xander, and then went to bed. In the morning everyone headed towards where they were to summon their father. They all stood in a large circle, in a clearing in the woods right outside of Framtry. Xanders emerald green eyes started to glow as bright as everyone else's seemed to be. A large form of colors one color from each child turned in the shape of a man. That man being their father. Once the man was fully formed he walked around the circle and touched each of his ten children on the head. They now had full control of their powers, and Xander now knew who his father really was.