The Transfer

It had been four days since his transfer had been announced. The time for him to be picked up from school came close, and with each passing second her heart grew heavier.

Her first crush- though he had never even noticed her- was leaving.

She tried to distract herself by focusing on her work, but the distinct smell of cologne kept wafting through her nose and a new wave of sadness hit her.

'It's okay, he never even noticed you. It's for the best.' She kept chanting in her mind but it was of no use. He was constantly on her mind, day and night.

The watch on her wrist buzzed gently and her heart dropped to her stomach.

12:30.

He was going to leave.

She would never see him again.

Suddenly she was overcome with an overwhelming urge to cry but she pushed that thought to the back of her head. 'I will not cry over a boy' she thought.

12:45.

His mother entered the class and again she was overcome by an overwhelming urge, this time to yell at his mother for taking him away.

Forcing her eyes away from the scene, she buried her head in her book.

It was only when she heard cries of 'goodbye and take care' or 'we'll miss you' did her head slowly lift. He waved towards the class and giving them one last boyish grin which she imprinted in her memory, he turned around.

She watched his retreating figure with a heavy heart, when he hesitated, as though contemplating something before he turned around, and in two long strides reached the first bench where she sat, wide and breathless, her lips slightly parted.

He thought for a second before dipping his head down and kissing her.

Her heart stopped for a second before it started beating erratically as her mind processed what was happening. She closed her eyes and responded to the kiss hesitantly.

His hands that were cupping her face took her palm in his and put it against his chest.
He looked deeply into her eyes before whispering, "this, is what you do to me. The effect you have on me." He smiled softly, shaking his head.

It took her a moment to understand before she realized that his heart was beating as frantically as hers

She let out a small 'oh!' in exclamation as he smiled and whispered in her ear, "you were the only girl I ever noticed."

And then he was gone.

She touched her lip tentatively, her fingertips lightly brushing against them as the minty taste of his lips lingered there, and she smiled.

She looked down at her desk as a blush covered her face.

Only then did she notice the note on her desk. She opened it with trembling fingers as she read.

To the girl who stole my heart:

Always keep it safe for me.

A/N:

please tell me how you liked it and do vote and comment!

hugs and kisses,

MerlinMD :)