January 27th,2020

You groggily shove the covers off your head,the insufferable beeping sending waves of unpleasant pain through your half awake head. You pat around through the covers at your side and grab ahold of your phone,the alarm screaming that its time to wake up.

"Shut up already,piece of trash.." You look at the bright screen and shut off the alarm. Finally that horrible noise is gone,but until the next day,right?

Your name is Karkat Vantas and youre currently a sophmore at Ridgewood Highschool. Youre 16 years old and youre still not used to going to school since break ended,even though its already been 3 weeks. Of hell.

You push yourself to get out of the warmth and comfort of your bed,tired and rubbing your eyes with one hand whilst the other looks for the light switch.

You moved into this house last summer and you still have trouble with your room in the morning,along with getting sleep. But youve always had trouble with sleep,so you suppose you cant really complain much about that. Besides,you have loads of other stuff perfectly available for you to complain about. Maybe later.

There,the light switch! You flick it on and see the darkness turn to bright light and shield your eyes with scorn. you always hated turning the light on. Your room isnt that dark,but you cant really make yourself all that presentable in the dark,can you?

You once again try to rub the drowsiness from your face and shift through your closet for something decent since you couldnt really go to school in your sleep clothes. Which were really just boxers and nothing more. You didnt really have much of a profound style to dress in,unless you can call crab patterns a "style." But who cares about stupid clothes? Not you thats for sure.

You find a black t shirt with some random thing on it and tug it off the hanger,slipping it on. You then grab a pair of jeans and slip into them along with some socks and shoes. Now all you needed was your hoodie.

You look around your small room to find where you last threw it off and find it laying on your desk,so you pick it up and slip it on. Comfy and safe feeling,as it always is. You could never leave home without this precious article of clothing. Especially as to hide whats on the innersides of your arms. Shameful scars from a painful past,but luckily you have moved on from that. Whats in the past is in the past.

You pick up your slumped over bag sitting by your door and take a look back to your room as you stood in the now open doorway,making sure youve got everything you need. You check your messy desk,closet,the floor,then to your bed.

"Fuck." You lightly mutter and head to your bed,reaching over to the other side and grabbing your phone,tucking it into your hoodie pocket. Cant forget that. Never forget that.

You take another quick look around and give yourself a slight nod. Youve got everything you need for the day. Now youve just got to make it through without causing a shitstorm.

You leave your room and head downstair,passing by the bathroom on your way to the front door. You decide to peek in,getting a look at your face to make sure you look alright.

Messy dark dark brown hair,darkish tanned skin,freckles,pierced ears,tired scowl. Everything looks normal to you.

You give yourself a light shrug and try to lighten up,but your small smile to yourself in the mirror looks like more of one filled with discomfort. Ew..lets never do that again Karkat...

You head out the bathroom,out of your dark and quiet house with the door locked behind you and on to school.

The walk isnt too long. Sometimes you wish someone was there to walk with you,but youre sure youd get tired of it sooner or later. Your better on your own anyways.