Daydreaming by the Coast

Story Description

Carefree. Youthful. A Dreamer.

Macie Rose Esquivel believes that the key to happiness is not caring about what people think of you. To be happy is to enjoy the present. To live is to dream.

A "probinsyana" girl who knows what she wants and seems to have no inhibitions, but full of ambitions. Despite belonging to a lower-class family, she continues to dream even the most practically unachievable dream—the impossibles, as what others say.

One thing that she would always daydream under the heat of the sun is to find her "happy-ending" after she becomes successful with her career. Amongst many men she adores, she hopes that she could find someone like them someday and that someone would love her for eternity.

Yet, as people grow, their perspective of the world changes. Especially when misfortunes come, when obstacles block your way, and when challenges keep you from moving forward.

Will she ever stay as optimistic as she was when she was younger? Or will the turning of events change her beliefs and will hone her character into someone bolder... or maybe weaker?

Regardless of what fate will take her, she will always be the girl living by the coastline, dreaming that one day...

Life will be better.

|This story is written in Filipino-English|