Storm on the Horizon

Wind started to howl outside the guild building. Drawing the attention of the building inhabitancies. The white haired woman behind the counter look at the guild master.

"This storm, there's something off about it." Her eyes never leaving the windows as she spoke. "Should I send word for Erza, just in case it's..." Her voice trailed off. The small old man in jester's clothes, who normally rested with eyes closed, now had them visibly open.

His bristled white mustache twitched, "Send word for all four of them at once." He declared staff clicking against the bar counter.

Mira jane, the woman with white hair, held one hand close to her heart. "Right away!" She nodded sternly and ran to the win storage, to contact their four most prominent members. Who were currently away on a near by mission.

As she vanished from sight, and the storm grew more violent. a person in the very back of the room stirred from their sleep. Icy pale hair pulled sharply back, slipped down their shoulders as they rose from their seat.

Vapor escaped her lips, a cold breath that seemed to chill the room. The cold mage aligned herself at the master's side. He gave her only a single glance, "You sense it too." He breathed, "Such a familiar magic. But stronger..." The ice mage only blinked in response.

Taking a fighting stance she replied, "We both know that there's no way it could be true." She drew one hand across the other, a thin layer of frost crept along her finger tips and up her forearm.

The master lowered his head, the tiny bells on the hat jingling a bit. "I know full well your abilities Frost." there was a pause, "However, don't act rashly. We'll still need to gather information." Her eyes narrowed slightly. Against her own desires she agreed to the guild master's wishes.

Outside the storm had grown severe, the cutters were slamming against the fragile panes of glass. Any loose object outside moved with the thrashing winds. Even the sky began to growl and glower. A hungry beast stalking outside their front door.

The dark clouds Shimmered and flashed with a yellow light. It's voice shaking the earth with it's strike. And before another soul could breath, the guild door's flew open with a deafening slam. There was a shout of surprise from all but a few. Two of whom, were the master and the Ice mage.

In the door way stood a figure in a brown cloak, the floor around them scorched sprat and hectic patterns. Lighting flickered around the shrouded person, the cause and epicenter of the storm clearly coming from them.

Frost stood still at the Makarov's side, poised and ready. The master stared at the intruder, "I hope you plan on paying for that flooring." The field of deadly volts grew stronger for a second but subsided slightly.

The figure started to move towards the master. Frost reflexively sprung to the offensive, and would have if Makarov hadn't raised a hand. A low snarl started from the base of her throat. The figure seeing Frost ready to strike started to take a step back but stopped themselves.

The old man sighed and leaned on his stout wooden staff. "Let's have a conversation before things get messy. Yes." He gave the stranger a look that would wither the bravest of mages. "Most people don't just walk into the number one guild looking for a fight alone." The fabric shifted, and silence settled.

"I want my brother." A woman's voice answered. His eyebrows raised with surprise, and suspicion.

"You have a request then." He replied, the lighting started to cradle even louder.

"NO." They replied sternly. "I want him BACK." She hissed through pointed teeth.

A hand flew out out the folds as lighting struck behind them again. sweat started to form on his brow as his jaw clinched. Frost felt her heart flutter a moment. If he was starting to sweat, then it couldn't mean anything good.

Not even giving him a chance to respond, she made her point clear. "This guild stole him from his family. Imprisoning him, torturing him, making him your hostage." The lighting was now incredibly wild, to the point no one could look straight at her without pain jolting thought their eyes. A blinding rage.

"Master Makarov." Frost whispered fiercely, an icicle now jutting from the surface of her palm.

The old man snapped from his trance, and with agonizing words told her. "We cannot afford to lose this lead."

"This discussion is between you and I—MASTER MAKAROV!!!" The lighting burst forth in a wave of energy.

However before a hair of any guild member could be singed a circular wall of ice shot up from the floor. Protecting everyone in the lighting's path and surrounding the cloaked woman.

Her jaw hung agape, as Frost scaled the ice wall with easy and landed silently on the ground making no more noise than a cat. Frost sighed, and her breath made a cool fog in the icy arena. Even the fresh burns were cooled in an instant. "I'm afraid the master is busy right now. So you'll have to play with me for a little while."

No lighting came from the mystery person, "Just as I thought." She straightened up, "Rampant magic and a user with no control, it's a wonder you didn't run out sooner."

"I don't need magic to beat you." She shouted raising her fist. "And after i'm finished with you i'm destroying your stupid guild and getting my brother back!"

A slight chuckle escaped from Frost, "The master will be happy to know that a mere child is the one who attacked us. I will admit," The smile dropped from her face, "You're a decant imitation of her."