The Naturals

Chapter 1: Prologue

The moon shone brightly in the darkness of the night, the crisp glow of the fullmoon radiated beams of light throughout the endarkened forest. Everything was still but not silent. Nocternal animals scurried about drinking up what the darkness offered before daylight came.

In a small clearing where the moons light shone the brightest a figure stood there near the water of a small lake. The dark water mixed with the moons light and drunk the figures features in. Every curve and crevice was brought into the water. The figure was of a boy in his late teens his hair was as black as the darkness in the forest maybe even darker, his eyes were unseen as he gazed down at the ground. His hands were dug deep in the pockets of his blue-black jeans as his stared at the ground in utter boredom. The boy's body was thin but not too thin to the point of being called a twig but he was an attractive sort of thin. 

A twig snapped causing the boy to lift his head up and straighten his shoulders. His gaze turning toward the edge of the woods. The woods were still as they were nothing moved or shifted and no other sound was heard except the chirping of crickets. After several seconds of silence the boy turned away and went back to staring at the ground. The moon at that moment got swallowed up by a passing cloud cloaking everything in darkness.

Suddenly from behind something hard crashed into him, the boy toppled forward. The weight of the hard object falling with him as he did. The earth came close and soon connected with him, gravity and the object having decided it hated him. The only thing he could do was quickly pull his hands from his pockets and shield his face. Anything to stop the full impact from the fall.

Little pain racked through his body when he landed the object was still on top of him but shaking. Shaking in laughter, bells of sound rolled out into the air making the crickets go silent to listen. That laughter was something the boy knew all too well.

"Nero get off." the boy grumbled quietly but loud enough for the boy Nero to hear. The laughter continued but thankfully Nero got off.

"Come on Luca that was priceless! You never let your guard down but somehow you were this time." Nero laughed as Luca stood up.

Brushing the dirt and pieces of ripped up grass off of him Luca shot Nero a glare.Dark Oceanic blue eyes burning with irritation and annoyance.

"Your late." Luca simply stated. One would think he would yell at this aqquitance of his, this friend. 

Nero stopped his laughing and straightened up from his doubled over position on the ground.

"I'm here now aren't I?" he questioned with a raised eyebrow. Luca rolled his eyes as he shook his head lightly, strands of black fell lightly into his eyes. Brushing them away the moons light suddenly came back. The cloud moved on and the light emerged like someone flipped on a switch. Nero's reflection bounced on the water and it too got sucked underneath.

He had black hair just like Luca that was just as dark as the darkness around them, the same dark ocean blue eyes peeked out at Luca as a he stared at his friend. 

Stared at his twin brother.

Both boys were identical in every way. Same height, same hair and eye color, same clear smooth white skin, same everything it seemed. But where there were similarties there were differences as well.

For example Nero was more playful then Luca, while Luca was more serious.

"Yes your here now but.......," Luca began but cut off with a sigh shaking his head and rubbing his temples. "Nevermind let's discuss our plans." he continued.

A smirk crept across Nero's face as he brushed his hair out of his eyes.

"Now were on a topic I've been dying to talk about all day! Did you see her?" Nero asked curosity and longing on his features. Luca nodded a smile curling his mouth along with a trace of a faint blush.

"I saw her." he simply said. Nero rocked on his heels agitated by the answer.

"And?" he asked wanting to hear more.

Luca sighed. "It doesn't look good but don't worry will be there soon for her." he said his eyes norrowing as a fierce look of protection crossed his features. Nero growled in anger.

"Damn right will be there!" Nero said his hands curling into tight fists. Luca put a hand on his brother's shoulder in ressurance.

"We have to make sure everything is taken slowly." he whispered as Nero glared up at him. His twin shoved him off, Luca would ahve stumbled but moved back in time before Nero could use full force.

"I know that," Nero growled his eyes flashing coal black from a fraction of a second. "I know what could happen if we don't but come on Luca, school, really!? That's not exactly me." he continued the anger slowly ebbing away. Nothing but irritation fulling his emotions now.

Luca sighed but knew Nero was right. School wasn't exactly for him but at least he could handle it for a little while. But that was the key word a little while.

"Yes, that's not how you were created but you have to try." Luca said giving his brother a stern look. His twin sighed in utter defeat, he knew more then anything that he would have to. Have to try for his brother and for her. And that was something he took very seriously.

Nero sighed deeply as he casted his brother a knowing look.

"We do what it takes." he stated simply. Luca nodded in understanding.

"Whatever it takes." Luca whispered as the moon slid out of existence. Extiniguishing the world into total darkness.

XxxXxx

Well that's pretty much chapter one. Hopefully you all enjoyed it:)