One Shot

The Joker.

In a world where you can never become who you really want. I found myself hoping that, someday a miracle would come. Living as what I'm supposed to do with how they want me to act even if it's against my will. Being another person just to make other people happy with their lives. Loneliness is what I feel but I can't do anything. The King's and the Queen's whose life isn't the same as mine. Living in the castle with the maids not giving a damn about a lowly life just like mine.

I sighed. Again, I'm here in the pavements behind a mask making the Royals feel warmth with my play or should I say jokes. Laughing is what I heard with those tears of joy that are flowing from their faces.

I gritted my teeth. When will I be able to get out? Applause was heard. "Bravo!" the King praised with the standing ovation of course. "How dramatic!" My inner self shouted as if they could hear my complains. Without a strength to even say it to the Royals because who am I kidding? I'm just nothing. After a few moments, they start to retreat leaving me behind because they were done with the play.

As the door closed. I fell on the ground losing my strength and feeling hopeless of my current situation. How is life so cruel? Other people are born with silver spoons making me feel worthless in this room. I slowly stood up and took off my mask wanting to dispose it because this isn't me. But, what can I do? I'm just a lowly life. Walking towards the dungeon where people like me are imprisoned. No other way to get out but to make the Royals feel satisfied.

Crying. That's the first thing you'll hear in the room. People losing hope with our current state wanting to die than playing the game. The game of cards where you can't see the Joker cause their known to be useless. The same as our status in this world where the Royals who are known as the King, Queen and Jack have more power than us people in the dungeon who are called the Joker's.

Our role is just to please the Royals. Making us feel like a puppet just to make them feel satisfied with our performance. 'Cause when we can't make them feel satisfied death is waiting for us. I sat down in one of the corners in the room, the others watch as I threw the mask. Shocked and horror were plastered in their faces. Knowing that throwing that mask is a great sin. The mask that symbolises our life. The mask that I need to wear in order to live. Throwing the mask means throwing your life but I'm tired with this situation. I'm tired to live a life full of lies where I do the things I don't want to do.

Balance? Well in this world nothing is balance.  The Royals are the superior that leads this world to its existence. Making it seem like they were the ones who work hard to build this empire. But to be honest, the Jokers were the ones who build this empire. Without us their will be no empire. Without us the Royals will be less powerful. Without us this world will not exist. 'Cause without the Joker, the deck of cards wouldn't be complete.

I stood up. Wiped my tears because I realized what I can do to live the life I want to be. I'm ready to fight. Because the Joker symbolizes all the ending and beginnings that make up the intricate journey of life. I am truly a 'wild card'. I am The Joker.

The End.