Ch 1 Haircuts And Unlikely Team Up.

Disclaimer : I do not own RWBY,it is property of Rooster Teeth and the late Monty Oum.

It all started with a haircut,sure the new clothing choices and weapons and armor upgrades were part of the appeal but the haircuts were clearly the main point for attraction to bloom,both of them had changed,one went from goofy to brooding but got a little cheeriness back after some time and the other from broody and anti-social to more emotive and open.

Blake had not had many conversations with Jaune,in fact the only time they had ever spoken to each other was that night when they were resting at Haven after Jaune's run in with Cinder and Blake's own confrontation with the White Fang,Blake couldn't sleep and had found Jaune training on the spot he had fought Cinder in a vengeful rage.

Jaune couldn't recall speaking to Blake more than once and that had been the night he had unlocked his semblance to save Weiss after fighting Cinder in an attempt to kill Cinder for Pyrrha's death,he'd been watching that video of Pyrrha again when he heard Blake call out to him and they'd opened up to each other about their states of mind after Beacon's fall.

Flashback to their first conversation.

Jaune?

Jaune turned around at the voice and quickly hurried to pause the video seeing as it was someone he knows.

"Huh?! Oh hi Blake what's up?" he asked adding a little fake cheer to his voice and a fake smile to his face.

His upbeat facade wasn't fooling her.

"Ruby told us about the late night training and grieving alone with that video Jaune." she said with a sad smile.

"Tell me Blake how does she know about that? is that why you're here talking to me?" he asked bitterly.

"Ruby awoke and went to find you,I couldn't sleep,I was on my way out but I heard the video." she says frowning.

"Well then Blake sorry for assuming you were sent to talk on me" he said feeling guilty for making assumptions.

"It's alright Jaune really we don't interact so I don't really blame you" her words were said in a soft tone.

"How about this then Blake,let's get to know each other better" he sat on the floor and pat the spot next to him.

"I would like that Jaune,I believe for sure that you and I could become great friends." She sat next to him.

"Ya know,Uh at the fall Pyrrha kissed me and shoved me into a rocket locker to go fight Cinder,I could not stop her."

"Ruby mentioned that before we all went to sleep,I'm sorry for your loss Jaune." She said and hugged him.

"No matter how hard I pleaded she just wouldn't listen I was so angry at her." He hugged Blake back and sobbed.

"Jaune listen Pyrrha wouldn't do sonething unless she thought it was neccesary." She carefully soothed.

"I know Blake it's just that I miss her so much I loved her and now I can never tell her." He bawled loudly.

"I know Jaune it was easy to see from the way you started looking at her." she said and hugged him tighter."

"And worst of all is,Ren,Nora and Ruby also missed her but I selfishly grieved alone." He said with a pang of guilt.

"Jaune listen you have nothing to feel guilty about you and I cope kinda the same." She said trying to console him.

"I guess so,we both distance ourselves from people in times of grieving,sorry for crying on you." he said weakly.

"Hey it's okay alright Jaune,I'm never the best with emotions but I'm here for you right now." She said honestly.

"Thank you Blake,I never thought you'd comfort me but it means a lot to me." He said and squeezed her tightly.

" Any time Jaune,I'm glad I was the one to comfort you,we can be great friends." she squeezed back just as tightly.

"Okay then Blake now I want you to let me comfort you as you have comforted me." He said in a heartfelt way.

"That day Yang lost her arm I felt bad since I was once in the White Fang with that Adam." She said guiltily"

"I'll tell you what you just told me Blake you have nothing to feel guilty about." He said comfortingly.

And so the two sat there talking for another three hours and then finally went to their rooms and went to sleep.

Flashback end

Present

As team JNR walked out of their prep room they met up with team RWBY,Jaune and Blake locked eyes and both their eyes widened at each other's looks specially the haircuts.

"Oh wow Jaune heh I like your new haircut there I like the spikyness and I must say you look handsome."

"Hehe thanks Blake mh I could say the same for your haircut it really shows off your ears it's fresh and cute."

The girls present minus Blake giggled and Ren laughed with them at Jaune and Blake knowing where it's going.

Later that day

Ironwood began making assignments.

"Jaune I am pairing you and Blake together for a mission and Qrow will follow you for backup,Ren and Nora you'll be working together with Weiss,Yang,Ruby and Oscar for this one,I decided to mix teams up a bit.

Jaune and Blake you two with Qrow's supervision of course will be investigating a communication relay which I have lost communication with a few days ago and report back to me the moment your done then an airship will land and pick you up to bring you back again,Ren,Nora,Ruby,Weiss and Yang you'll be clearing a dust mine of Grimm,debriefing over.

10 minutes later

"Blake you ready?" Jaune asked.

"Yeah lead the way Jaune" Blake said.

The two got in the airship and relaxed