𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲!

WAKING UP WITHOUT LUKE WAS something eden hadn't done since casa amor, and she hated it just as much then as she did now

WAKING UP WITHOUT LUKE WAS something eden hadn't done since casa amor, and she hated it just as much then as she did now. when she woke up in the empty bed she sat up slightly, looking around the dark room in confusion, before it all came rushing back.

what luke had said, what he did, what he didn't tell her. how he'd lied about casa amor and promised her he was telling her the truth when what he was saying was anything but.

she remembered how he'd looked her straight in the eye and swore that there was nothing going on and he never thought his head would turn and he barely knew who natalia was. and then how he avoided her completely once the truth came out. she felt almost dumb for liking someone like that so much.

it was still pitch black in the room and all of the other couples were fast asleep, despite it being rather bright outside. she assumed it was still early but there was no way she was going to be able to fall asleep, especially without the one person she really wanted beside her.

she headed up the stairs and towards the kitchen, wincing at the sunlight. there was someone already in the kitchen making cups of tea for everyone and when she realised who it was she was debating throwing herself off the railing of the villa.

he turned around and saw her, and stopped in his tracks. his eyes skimmed her dark circles and weary face; she mustn't have been able to sleep well either.

"hi." he mumbled after they both stared at each other for a few minutes.

"hey," she replied softly, making his heart skip a beat. those were the first words she'd said to him since the morning before and her voice still made him smile even when it was full of sorrow. "i'll just..." she gestured back to the bedroom where she could hear all of the other couples getting up.

he dropped the spoon he was using to stir the tea and rushed over to her as she walked away. "no, stay. please." he pleaded her with a hand on her arm. her movements stilled and she hesitantly nodded her head and gave him a weak smile. "do you wanna go for a talk?"

once again she bowed her head and the pair walked over to the beanbags and took their seats. they were silent for a few moments before he spoke up.

"i'm sorry, you know." he was unsure if she was still mad or just plain upset he'd lied but he hoped it wasn't the former; he didn't know if he'd be able to stand it if she was angry at him for much longer.

"i know," she responded, fiddling with the rings on his fingers. "it doesn't mean you didn't do it, though."

"i know." he murmured back. it wasn't more so he was at a loss for words, it was more that he didn't want to mess up again. he'd done more than his fair share of that and he was scared if he did it again then she'd end it completely.

they were both quiet again. he fumbled with the microphone around his chest nervously as she stared at the floor.

"the headlines made it look so much worse than it actually was, eden." he tried to reassure her but nothing seemed to be working. 

"i don't want hear it, luke," eden breathed out. "you looked me in the eye and told me nothing happened."

"but-"

"i don't care whether they exaggerated what happened but you swore to me that nothing happened and that natalia said she liked you and you shut it down. but you lied to me," she cried out, tears forming in her eyes. "you lied, luke."

"i know," similarly to her he could feel his eyes brimming with tears. "but that was because i didn't want to lose you. you're the best thing that's ever happened to me and i didn't want you to leave me."

"but if you told me-"

"you'd forgive me? because i'll tell you exactly what happened right now if it means we can go back to the way we were." he reached a hand forward and placed it on her cheek gently, wiping away the tears dripping down it.

she shook her head and sniffed. "maybe later. i just need some space." he nodded understandingly and removed his hand. "i'll see you later." her cheek felt very cold without his hand there and she stood up quickly and began to walk away.

just as she moved past him, he grabbed her hand and pulled her in for a kiss. she didn't pull away immediately, which made him smile, but when she eventually did she pecked his lips once more before heading back towards the kitchen.

a grin appeared on his lips and he watched her from the beanbags as all of the other islanders began to leave the bedrooms and make their way outside.

NEXT TIME ON LOVE ISLAND !

one girl states her claim !

"i do like you."

whilst another ruffles some feathers !

"i do want you to choose me."

and one girl gets sent home !

"the girl i would like to couple up with is..."