Chapter 1

You didn’t realize being a spy would be so hard. 'I have to remember EVERYTHING!!!' You thought. 'And it doesn’t help that I’m the best at forgetfulness.' You are a spy for an organization that no one knows the name of, because there isn’t a name for it. You had been captured, and taken to the enemy base. There was a man interrogating you about a password used for your organization.

“What’s the passcode?” The man said, a bent cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

“Ah fuck. I think it might be seven-nine-two… four?” You said, unsure of your answer. “Actually no I think it starts with a two.” The man was mad and had no time for messing around. “Yeah I usually just rely on muscle memory for it. Do you think you could get a keypad in here? That might be faster…”

“Forget the passcode, who do you work for!?” The man demanded an answer. You gave a worried expression.

“Okay, so this is super embarrassing. I know he told me his name when we met, but I forgot it and at this point it would be weird if I asked for his name again, right? So I just kinda go with ‘sir’ whenever I have to talk to him. It might be David, though. He looks like a David.” The man sent you back to the other captured agents.

“Bad news guys, I totally blew Dave’s cover.” You said sheepishly, rubbing the back of your neck. A guy in the group looked confused.

“Wait, what?”

“Yeah they had knives and shit and it was kinda stressful so I just told them that my contact’s name was David Johnson. Really sorry about that...”

“We don’t have a David Johnson working for us... Are you thinking of James?” A different man cut in.

“Good news, guys! I did not blow James’ cover!”

In the other room across the hall, there were a few enemy agents meeting about the questioning. “So, how did the interrogation go?” A woman asked, not quite curious but wanting answers.

“We got nothin’! All they did was ramble on ‘bout some childhood trauma for two hours! An’ apparently the boss guy looks like a David.”

“Then maybe lower the dose of truth serum next time. That should do better. Then even someone as idiotic as you could obtain answers.” The man looked insulted.

“Ma’am, we didn’t use any truth serum.” He squinted annoyed. The woman went silent, then became red.

“Well then find SOMETHING to work. I don’t care what! You can shock them or cut them for all I care. Hell, you can even kill the others! Just get the information we need.” Someone could hear her voice from across the hall, and in fact, your group did hear them and one girl nearly cried. As the youngest of the agency at fifteen years old, you were terrified of what people thought of you and you didn’t want anyone hurt on your behalf. You decided to go through the vents to figure out what they were talking about. The others in the group did not agree with your idea and once you convinced them that you were the only one who could fit through, they let you go.

“So I managed to listen in on them for an hour through the air ducts.”

“And…? What did you learn?”

“Oh, nothing. I zoned out like, five minutes into them talking.” You were a lost hope.

I already had these first stories done so they came at the same time and although I like writing stories, I'm not quite good at it. If you have any suggestions about what I should do for my next chapter, please let me know and I'll be sure to check them out!