FOUR

all i've been doing is binging love is blind and it's so bad but it's so addictive like help

Y/N POV

I knock on Noah's door, standing there awkwardly. When he texted me asking I wanted to meet up, I didn't expect it to be at his house. So far our little excursions have only been at the library, which I know. But I don't know Noah's house. After a few more minutes, I receive a text from Noah telling me to walk around back. I reply and turn to walk to their back-gate. It's unlocked, so I push it open and slip in. A big dog comes charging at me, which scares me so bad.

"Spaghetti, come back!" Noah yells from his second floor window.

"Spaghetti, I like it." I say to him as I kneel down to pet his dog, who is absolutely adorable.

Noah laughs and carefully lets down a ladder, which takes me by surprise. I look up at him, questioning, but he motions for me to climb up as he holds the top, which I do, even though it's  wobbly.

"So you just have a random ladder in your room?" I ask, laughing.

"You don't?" He asks, laughing, which I smile at. His smile is breath taking.

We stand there, both of us just looking around. His room is filled with movie posters and his navy bedsheets compliment his gray walls. The guy's got taste. My eyes fall onto one of his band posters.

"One Direction?" I ask, pointing to the massive poster on his wall.

"Come on, don't tell me you never liked them!" Noah says.

"I have Harry's cardboard cutout in my room, but I wouldn't have expected you to like them. They don't seem like a band you'd like." I reply, admiring his room.

"Well, I proved you wrong." Noah says, taking a seat at his desk.

I laugh and look around for somewhere else to sit. My eyes fall on his bed and I sit on the corner. Noah pulls something up on his computer and a mechanical sound comes from a tiny projector that I didn't notice before. Noah jumps up and lays down on his bed. I adjust to be next to him with a little space inbetween us. Knotting Hill begins to play on the wall and I smile at the movie choice.

Throughout the movie, we got closer and closer. At one point I almost put my head on his shoulder, but I held back. That would just make things weird.

"How's Ebony?" I ask him, trying to distract myself.

"She's a literal maniac. And she won't leave me alone." Noah complains.

"Maybe you should get a fake girlfriend, throw her off track." I tell him.

"Hm, that's not a bad idea. But who would be my fake girlfriend?" He asks.

Me, I almost say. Noah ponders the thought and I turn my attention back to Hugh Grants beautiful face. Julia Roberts walks away from him on screen, heartbroken and Hugh Grant just stands there. The movie goes on, and tears stream down my face. Embarrassed, I look away from Noah, but I notice he's crying to.

"No way, are you crying?" I ask, laughing.

"Maybe." He says, but then points at my mascara stained face.

"So, did you come up with a fake girlfriend?" I ask Noah.

"Kind of, but it's a stupid idea." Noah replies.

"I'm sure it's not." I tell him, hinting that he should spill.

Noah lays back on his bed and looks up at his ceiling. I didn't notice before, but glow in the dark constellations cover his ceiling. Taurus and Libra sit in the middle, gleaming down. It's sort of beautiful. My mind goes over all the possibilities Noah could be thinking of. Maybe he wants to ask Jade? Or maybe he has other friends not from school? Since I can't think of any, my eyes trail over to his record collection and player.

Sitting in the corner is a dusty, The Struts record. It's my favorite album, Everybody Wants. I pick it up and open the record player, turning it on. Soon enough, Luke Spiller's voice carries through the room singing "Put Your Money On Me". As I hum along, I look through his other records. The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Cars, The Struts, Billie Eilish and even a One Direction album. I'm impressed. 

"You." Noah says finally.

"What?" I ask, completely forgetting about our conversation.

"Will you be my fake girlfriend?" He blurts.

"Me? I don't think-"

"Please! You of all people should know how bad Ebony is." Noah pleads. I sit there, thinking about my options. On the one hand, being Noah's girlfriend wouldn't be that bad, even if it's fake. But that would crush Jade.

"Okay, but with one acception. I have to be able to tell Jade, but I promise I'll make her keep it a secret." I reason.

"Deal." Noah says.

Noah smiles at me and I smile at him. After our little moment, I see the time and realize that I should probably get home. Noah closes his eyes as he listens to the music. Instead of joining him, I grab my phone and keys and walk over to his window.

"Goodnight." I say.

"Goodnight." Noah replies.

I climb out of his window and take the ladder down. As I'm walking back around front, a girl about my age sits on the grass with Spaghetti. She waves and I wave. I think she got the memo about who I was and just let me walk away, which I was thankful for. As soon as I get home I need to call Jade.

a/n - 

🦋

<3 lilia