☾ Prologue ☆

The moon is always changing, but a constant in its life is the stars. More likely than not they are always surrounding them, always shining, always there. Sometimes the moon will hide and its stars will fade. This is similar to what happens in the real world. Someone is taken away and another will fade away because grief struck them past the point of no return. It is crazy what love can make someone do, even if it is painful. Loving someone who is sick is a fight in itself.

You get to see your significant other lose pieces of them, while you still remember who they were from the moment you locked eyes with them.  You start to lose hope, but all they want to do is see you smile and make you promise them that you will move on. You agree no matter how much it hurts knowing you will soon have to try again, but your smile can only hide so much. They see through it and try even harder to make your last days together memorable. This is a story that will tell the tale of the moon, Jaxs, a man with a heart of gold that is starting to deteriorate and his stars, Alec who knew he loved Jaxs from the moment he had spotted him across the room causing his eyes to sparkle like the stars.

A/N: Hello, I know this is short, but it's essentially a synopsis of what the book is about. Chapters will hopefully be much longer than this, but please be patient with me I haven't seriously written anything in over two years, but I wanted to share this story that came from a roleplay a friend and I did two years ago. So please enjoy the tale of Jaxs and Alec. The moon and his stars.