Ch💔one

"I...I can't do this anymore," spoke Bucky.

His voice had barley been above a whispering tone but the dark skinned female beside him heard him loud and clear. "What per say do you mean?!" She knew what he meant, it was foolish of her to even ask him regarding the topic. She has a feeling on what he was hinting to but she needed to know from his own mouth, from his own words. She needed him to say those words she so badly knew he wanted to say...and for the longest time too.

"I don't love you anymore," Bucky says.

Why did it hard to badly to admit it. His dark eyes stared up at the ceiling, her ceiling. It was covered in those LED strip lights, she always hated being in complete darkness - he remembered them ordering the lights from off of Amazon.

"Oh," (y/n) says. That's all she can say. What more words could she had use in a moment like this. "Okay..."

Bucky was taken aback. He knew how much breaking up with someone could effect them, mentally and physically but not her, she barley looked as if his words barley did any damage to her.

Deep within he knew this would happen, he knew she would accept this...his choice. But why, why did it hurt so much to have her just accept it?!

He wanted answers.

"Are you...you know, okay?" He asks.
The melanin toned female raises up from her bed her head turning over to face the man in her bed with her. "Yeah? Why wouldn't I be Barnes?!

Barnes...already she was acting as if he hadn't mattered to her. It hurt him, but he brought this on himself.

"I just...I just thought you would be more upset over this..." truly he wanted to say "over me" at the end but he restrained from doing so.

"Why would I be?" She questions with a quirked brow. "I mean yeah in a way it sucks. I mean I did devolve 11 months of my life to you only for it to come crumbling down at the end but why would I be upset over you wanting to break up with me..." Bucky winces at her harsh words, he knows she doesn't mean to be harsh. She has just always been a blunt person. "Like I said it sucks yeah but I'll get over it in a couple of days - if not a week."

"Oh..." ouch it hurts to hear her say such things.

"I..I should probably go now." Bucky says standing up from the bed. He reaches down to put on his pants the female across from him doing the same with her own pants. She grabs his t-shirt from up off of the floor and throws it towards him...a perfect catch with his metal hand. "Thanks," his voice comes out no higher than a mumble.

"No problem Barnes...Here I'll walk you out," she says smiling gently at the male.

The two exit from the bedroom and wall down the hallway in silence, the steps come next and Barnes lags behind some. He looks towards the pictures on the wall - some of her and her family, others of her and him, some of her pets. He was truly going to miss this.

Heading down the last flight of steps Bucky was surprised to see the (h/c) haired female already by the door waiting for him with it open.

"So I guess this is it...huh." Bucky says eyes looking around one last time.

"I guess so kid," (y/n) replies smiling softly as ever to the man. Sure he was her new found ex but she didn't feel any resentment towards him..well yet that was, she'd have to see how she's feeling later on.

"Kid?" Bucky lets out a short laugh, "I have you know I'm nearly a one hundred year ol' super solider. If anything your the kid here."

"Alright grandpa... now get out of my house."
Bucky frowns, he knew she said it in a jokingly way but in the back of his mind he couldn't help but dwell on her words. "You know I'm really gonna miss this place.."

"I'm sure you will buck...you can still always come and vist. Guss will surly miss your presence." (Y/n) says leaning with one arm against her door side.

Guss was her hairless cat, he was only 6 months old but he was already a handful.
"Of course how could I leave little guess hanging like that," Bucky chuckles almost awkwardly and a silence over takes both of them.

"I'm sorry...really I am." Bucky says eyes casted downwards.

"Don't be," (y/n) silenced him already knowing his next words -pays being a mind reader. "You lost feelings and that's completely normal for some people. Things aren't going to change between us Barnes, your still gonna be my best bud."

'Best bud' god why did that nick name hurt.

"I'm gonna go now..again I'm sorry."

"Alright Barnes I get it, apology accepted."

Bucky steps from within the house towards the outside with one last look back he takes off down her walk way only stopping momentarily, throwing one last look over his shoulder he watches as she closes the door behind him only seconds later and as much as it hurts to see such a action he knew he had brought this on himself, simply cause he had fallen out of love...Simply cause he had fallen in love with another woman.

————————

Back inside the house (y/n) sighed to herself. She knew this would happen eventually. All good things came to a end with her eventually, turning away from the door she making little chirping sounds with her mouth - seconds later a little blob of skin comes rushing into the room.

Guss!

He's excited to see his mother especially since he's been sleeping all day, he hadn't been feeling well and needed to be placed on medications, only downside to it was that it forced him to nap for long periods of time.
Meowing at the tall woman guss paws at her pant legs with his little toe pads. Meowing more aggressively he waits for her to pick him up, which she does.

"Such a feisty kitty. Always wanting my attention," (y/n) scratches gently under the small kittens chin which it adores the actions and begins purring in response.

"How about me and you have some good ol' bonding time together?!"

Guss meows at his mother with a tilted head. 'Bonding time was always a happy time' but wait, what's this? Where's the metal armed man...meh he'd investigate later on when his mother is to distracted!

Happy to be in his mother's arms guss continues to purr, he shifts from his mothers arms to her lap once she's settled down onto the couch. (Y/n) flickers through some channels before finally settling on a movie station. 'Bloodshot' was on, it was a newer movie having only been out for a month now, having already seen it with Bucky - (y/n) shakes her head riding herself of the thoughts of him, if she wanted to move on from him she had got to stop thinking about him.

Ignoring her thoughts she focuses in on the movie, it had only started 15 minutes ago so she hadn't missed much of the action yet.

Planting a kiss on Guss's head the kitten meows looking adorable as ever, with both of their eyes now zoning in the movie they lose themselves in the action packed flim.