PROLOGUE: The Taste of Her Show

“Thanks Jin.” She mused to the guy who just arrived and sat on the next stool beside her and handed her an envelope.

“Told ya’, you can count on me.”

“Of course. Hindi ko na nga alam kung pano kita mababayaran sa dami ng naitulong mo sakin eh.” Sagot niya sa lalake while scanning the inside of the envelope, checking its items, and when satisfied of what she saw, a smirk formed on her lips which makes her more charming and beautiful.

“Alam mo naman ang sagot Rei eh, kahit isang da—“

“Thanks again Jin, di bale, ise-send ko nalang sa bank account mo ang share mo.” She smiled at the guy and stood up from the stool after finishing a glass of martini she ordered at the bar counter. “Ara. Ja-ne!” She turned on her heels and tilted her head to have a last glance of the guy who was left at the bar counter, still unable to utter a word as she waved her right hand while the other one is holding the envelope. Then she ramped on the floor towards the black-tint glass door of the Embassy, making the guys inside the bar look at her as she made her way to the exit.

(A/N: Ara. Ja-ne: Alright. See ya!)

“I’m irresistible, I know.” She mumbled beneath her breathe as she felt the stares of almost all the guys, at least those who haven’t had their girls with them.

She clambered inside the blue Maserati's driver seat and started the engine. Oras na para makipaglaro at manalo. She drove fast along the C-5 avenue to reach the Hollywood Diner kung saan sila magkikita ng isang Businessman at magpirmahan na ng kontrata. This is the second time they’ve met. However, the first one is unfortunate. But she knew this time she’ll gonna win it. Well, she won’t let the game end without her on the winning side either. You can’t tell it will end unless you’ll see that she’s winning. That’s how she do it, she always have her trump card.

She caught a glimpse of the lighted bulletin with a “Hollywood Diner” printed sign on it, then pulled the car on the drive way and parked.

“Thanks haru-chan. Just on time.” She tapped the stirring wheel of the car and made some retouch of her make-up on the rearview mirror before grabbing her things, including the envelope and went inside the diner. Inilibot niya ang mata niya sa loob at hinanap ang isang taong ini-expect niya. A waiter approached her and smiled.

“Excuse me, Miss Yoon?” The waiter asked.

“Yes, I am.”

“This way ma’am.” He led her to an exclusive area of the diner, technically a room where you can have an exclusive meeting and such. Turning around the corner, she eventually saw the man in mid-forties, or she could say, sitting on a single-sized couch with a table in front and a cup of coffee on it. She knew it when she smelled the aroma of the grilled espresso as it filled her nostrils. It wasn’t her favorite though but she liked the smell of it.

 “Good evening Mr. Sechi Nautsugo.” She greeted first as she approached the man in front.

“Thank you.” Sabi niya sa waiter at ngumiti, a signal that’s understood by the waiter to leave her with the man on the couch alone.

“Have a sit, Miss Rei Yoon.” He smiled at her, motioning her to sit on the couch adjacent to his seat.

“You’ve got a good taste on coffee.” Sabi niya sa lalaki habang naglakad papalapit sa table.

“I know. I love it black and strong. Espresso is the best choice.”

“Right. I wonder what you have told the waiter at madali niya akong na recognize.” Ang sagot niya while making herself comfortable on her seat. She placed her tote bag beside her and the envelope on the table.