The Strange Man

I woke up to a chill filling the room. Brushing my hand over my head I stand up removing the warm covers from my body. I walk to the window staring out at the streets bellow. Just a few more days, then I'm... I jump as I hear the doorbell ring, grabbing the border of the window I pull it shut. I walk over to my bathroom as the doorbell rings again. Ugh, "I'll be right there!" Man people are so impatient. Pulling on my robe I slip on my slippers and walk over to the door. Pull it open I see a tall man standing before me, nevermind his height who is he? "Can I help you?" I look him in the face, I can see hes anoyed by the question not that I care. "Yeah, you haven't payed rent this month" his voice low and calm. Hmm that not right I sware I sent in my check at the beging of the month, "I'm sorry there must be a mistake, I already sent in my check." His eyes harden as he stares down at me, I take a deep breath "please go check again." His eyes don't let up, "fine I'll go, but if its not there I'll be back." As he turned around and started to walk away I shut the door. What a strange man. I glanced over at my alarm clock, 7:30 am. Well it wouldn't hurt to get a few more hours of sleep. I can see about the rent later. Crawling into my bed I slowly drifted off to the ticks tocks of my alarm clock.
////////////////////////////////////
Hi All, my first story please feel free to leave comments!