Movie Date

Walking hand in hand the two of you make your way back to the car. Smiling and a little confused but nothing can ruin this moment. Opening the door you both get in and you had to ask, “so what was that movie about?”

He takes a sip from his drink, “well it was about the human story, a reason why that person gets up in the morning. What makes them tick basically,” he clears his throat, “it was… interesting seeing it through his dog’s eyes.”

You chuckle a bit, “I didn’t expect that.” He takes another sip. “Although I will say I was a bit distracted,” you look over at him and the straw slowly leaves his lips and his gaze returns to you. You keep looking at him with the twinkle in your eyes and raise your brow a bit. “So Sam, we’ve been seeing each other for a while now but I don’t know your favorite color, favorite side to sleep on, or what you do for a living.”

He swallows hard, “I uh… I don’t really have a favorite color, I guess. Haven’t really thought about sleeping. I mean position wise with someone.” You could see him turning red a bit and that surprised you a bit because he’s usually so strong and confident. You put your hand on his arm, “its okay, sorry I asked.”

He puts his hand on yours after putting the drink down. That same spark shot up your arm and through your body. You both lean in a bit and his lips are so tender. Your hand moves up and through his hair, you’ve been wanting to do that for a while. The kiss deepens and you sink into it, the raw heat and the happy tingling in your body. You try to turn but your hip hits the steering wheel causing a little jerk reaction. The kiss breaks and the both of you share a coy smile.

“I didn’t expect that either,” you lick your lips and turn the key in the ignition. The engine springs to life and you put it in reverse. Backing out of the parking spot you put it in drive and stop at a sign. “Nice avoidance on the what you do for a living question.”

“I uh…”

“You don’t have to tell me now or be embarrassed, I’ve had my fair share of boring and no where jobs to get by.”

“I used to be embarrassed but in my line of work it’s hard to keep personal attachments. I’ve had a lot of bad in my life and I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“This just got real fast but you know what life is short anyway. I could be hit by space debris or something and that’s life, you never know. If I get to spend some of it with a good man…”

He takes a deep breath, “I’m a hunter.”

You look over at him, “you hunt Bambi?”

He shakes his head, “much worse. I hunt things that hurt people.”

There was a bit of silence in the car. “So… you hunt things? That’s your job… okay.” Getting back to the hotel where you picked him up. Putting it in park he looks over at you, “I’d like to see you again.”

You smile, “I’d like that too.”

You watch him get out and enjoy the view as he walks to the door. Giving a little wave as he turns back and goes inside the room. Backing out of that spot you hit the road back for home. After replaying the date over and over in your head you kept smiling at the ending. Getting back home you park your car and make your way inside. Tossing your keys and purse in their usual spots you step across the devils trap on the floor. Getting comfy you nearly feel bad about the tracking hex bag you left in his jacket pocket. You had to know where he was and was up to. Being known as the best tracker in your coven, you couldn’t disappoint your sisters.