The Day That Makes Me Regret What I Did

tw: ptsd, discriptions of tornado damage, anxiety, nightmares, fear for life(mentioned), nervousness

*THIS INCLUDES REAL PEOPLE!!!! I CHANGED THEIR NAMES TO SOMETHING CLOSE  INSTEAD OF THEIR REAL NAME INCLUDING MY NAME. THATS WHO'S POV THIS IS IN THE ENTIRE TIME. I SWAER I DONT MEAN TO HURT ANYONE AND THIS ISNT THAT BAD. I JUST NEEDED TO GET IT OFF MY VHEST. I HAD MULTIPLE PANIC AND ANXIETY ATTACKS DURING THE ENPERIENCE THAT I WONT BE WRITING IN GREAT DETAIL BECUASE I WILL CAUSE MORE PHYSOLIGICAL DAMAGE THAN WHAT I NEED RIGHT NOW. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!!!!!!8

You hear all about days that changed people lives and now its my turn to tell you mine. March 28, 2020. The day that makes me hold everyone a little bit closer and the day that I know will haunt me till my dying dad. the day I lied to everyone about an emergency and could have killed my dad.

 Lexie's POV

Dad said we'd be fine. Indiana was supposed to be a state where half of the things they said might happen, don't. Mom said I'd be safe. Rilee was scared and I was the one who told her everything was gonna be fine and nothing was gonna happen but a thunderstorm. Now I regret all those words. All I know is one second, the lights were on and nobody was panicking and the next mom was ushering me and my sister into the dark, downstairs bathroom. I had to text my s.o. Kaylee. They needed to know I loved them and that I would never forget them. That I loved them and incase something happened I wasnt gonna leave them to just wonder what happened to me. After a few minutes we heard a bang from the side of us. My mom hurried me out of the shower I had been in and made me sit across from her. We had drinks and cheese balls in the room with us. mom was trying to text some family, dad was texting family and our neighbor Phillip. We heard a giant boom over us and i started to panic. Mom told me to look at her. She was reassuring me that we were all here and safe. I couldn't help but panic. My sister looked distracted enough so I started to pray to my papaw in heaven. I begged him to just have let it have been them bowling but deep down I knew it wasn't. That this was god's way of saying we had done something wrong. I don't know what my little town had done but it was something. My dad went upstairs a few minutes after the giant bang. When dad came back down him and mom talked in hushed whisper but i caught a little bit of the conversation.

"It's in our bathrom!" My mom whisper yelled at my dad, hands going to grip her hair. She looked severely panicked. 

"Yes, Kiara, we have a tree in our unstairs bathroom. It looks like it fell on the house but i can't tell very well. We'll be okay." My dad says grabing her hands as she went to pull her hair.

I remeber we spent maybe 20-30 minutes in that bathroom befor mom let us go and sit on the blue, gynamastics mat that sat right by the bathroom. She went to the couch and sat down while dad was gone. He came back down and they saw a small puddle by our backdoor and on in daddy's office. As it turns out the backdoor that was upstiars above my dad's office was leaking and so was our downstairs door. My mom then went upstairs with my dad for a few minutes. I reached out for her but she said she'd be right back. She came back down about 10 minutes later and started to call family. I decided to call my brother Joseph  so that we could talk. I thought I was all attcked out but then I heard a knock on the door upstairs. At first, I had assumed that it was my dad working upstairs trying to get the water in to my parents tub so the water damage wasnt as terrible as it could've been but them I heard it again. 

"Hey Mom? Is that daddy or is that Phillip and Ashley?" I asked her, still talking on the phone. When she left my bro said something and I had another small attack. I went and hid in my bathroom. I was terrified. We were finally upstairs about 2 hours later. I went and sat on the couch with my little sister, she still was watching her ipad. My mom finally got my dad to look at me and they came over and put their hands on my leg and shoulder. I needed physical contact. i finally got to go upstairs at around 10:15pm to get pjs and bunny. My bunny's name is Emma and I love her. She's from my cousin. I put her in the backroom and got my couch/bed for the night ready. then I got changed into my pajamas and went outside with my mom, dad, and Rilee. We went inside at around 10:45pm. I got comfy, put on my music, and, mind you, we still had no power and still dont, fell asleep. at 7:17 on sunday morning I was awake and hung out with my mom for a while. I went with her to get coffee that morning and almost had an attack in the car on the way. She got me a dove chocolate bar at the gas station and I felt a little bit better. Until, I got back towards our neighborhood. We picked up sticks for a little while and then just kinda hung out with th family that was there. We had a crane come and get the tree off but I wasn't there when that happened. I went to my grandparents to sleep there until Wednesday. I rode with my uncle and aunt to my grandparents. I fell asleep around 10:45 last night. And now here I am. I can't believe that earlier that day I had only had to give my dog a bath and my biggest fear was if a wasp had stung me earlier. I called my brother yesterday as well. Now, I didn't write this story for pity or for people to say that they have had it much worse. I haven't. I can't close my eyes without have flashbacks so I haven't slept very well for the last 2 nights. I also blame myself because I had a dream like this about 2 weeks ago and never said anything. I guess I now have a worse problem because my appetite that was horrid before because of my meds but now I just don't wanna eat period. My sister seems fine. We're all alright. I just keep having nightmares that I can't remember. All I know is that I wake up with the skin crawling feeling I had that night and I can still feel the puddle of water I had set in on the shower floor. I'm gonna be okay. I might update this next year to tell you how I feel about this incident but this is my way of coping. Write it down and then go back so you can reread it so you know why you have some of the fears you have. 

This chapter is deticated to my lovely partner, @Guest_314 . I love you and I never meant to scare you. I just needed yout o know. Until next time, Alex Out! <3

𝔼𝕕𝕚𝕥- 𝔽𝕦𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝔸𝕝𝕖𝕩 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖! 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕠𝕓𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕚 𝕝𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕚𝕓𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕘𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕪 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖. 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕝𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕪 𝕨𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕚 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕤. 𝕀𝕞 𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕝𝕪 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕞𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕟 𝕦𝕡𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒 𝕓𝕚𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕦𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕞 𝕘𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕦 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕨. 𝕀 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕦𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕚𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕨. 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘!!! ~𝔽𝕦𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝔸𝕝𝕖𝕩 𝕆𝕦𝕥