fifty two

+

+

With a deep sigh, I walked down the street with a grocery list in hand. It was the middle of the week—a Wednesday—and ideally, this was not how I was planning to spend my day. I was planning on maybe going for a run in the mountains to test my endurance, maybe attempt some more lightning jutsu's I've been looking into... but noooo. My old man just happened to forget to go grocery shopping last week. So, who was stuck doing that? Me. Thought I was supposed to be the delinquent teenager?!

I scratched the side of my face with a grimace at the thought.

I guess I kind of already had that phase of my adolescence, huh?

I didn't exactly wanna go on my own. I was bound to get bored. So, I was going to bug Ryuu to come with me. For these types of things that actually needed an ounce of responsibility, I usually would choose Katsu over my hyperactive friend. But since he was still out of the village for the chunin exams, it wasn't like he was lounging around ready to help me.

Sighing, I stuffed my hand into the pocket of red windbreaker I'd stolen from Katsu's closet not to long ago. Underneath I just wore a black long sleeve, mock neck shirt and a pair of red cargo pants. On top of the black long sleeve shirt was my white chunin flack jacket of course—wasn't planning on leaving anywhere without that thing.

Coming into Ryuu's front yard, I weaved around the small fountain in the front and the colorful flowers planted along the cobblestone pathway, before I climbed the stairs to their deck. Their deck was pretty bare, besides the little low rise kid table covered in old, dried paint from the countless art projects the girls had done.

Turning toward the traditional shoji door, I rapped my knuckles on the wooden frame and waited patiently.

After just a few moments of waiting, the door was tugged open. Only—I didn't see anyone there.

I blinked, before suddenly looking down and making eye contact with Kamaeta, am emotionless expression on her face. She brushed her black hair from her face, golden eyes looking up at me expectantly. "Kohana-nee? I don't remember Aniki saying anything about you dropping by."

I shrugged. "He didn't. I was going to bother him about getting groceries with me. He around?"

She nodded, stepping aside for me to come in. I did that, taking off my shoes and placing them by the other few lined up by the door. I furrowed my brows, eyeing an extra pair of navy blue ones, along with a very... odd pair of red ones with some sort of heel on the bottom.

I opened my mouth and looked over at the middle sibling of the triplets, ready to ask about the extra shoes, but she'd already disappeared down the hall before I could get a word in.